Alfa Romeo 4C insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo 4C and how you could save on your premiums.
Updated . What changed?
The Alfa Romeo 4C is a compact, mid-engined sports car. Unveiled in 2011 but not released onto the roads until December 2013, the car received positive reviews, with Top Gear referring to it in no uncertain terms as ‘the most important Alfa Romeo for an entire generation’.
But if you’ve looking to insure a 4C, you’re probably aware of all of this. Keep reading to see what insuring this car would cost you.
Average insurance rates for an Alfa Romeo 4C
The Alfa Romeo 4C can be insured in monthly payments of, on average, £129.87. If you’d rather pay a single annual sum, you’ll find you actually save some money. We found that paying premiums annually would cost you on average £1,438.37 a year.
We calculated these averages by aggregating information from several car insurance companies, using the following data to retrieve quotes. Your situation may obviously be different, but a comparison with our baseline may allow you to see how your information could affect your premiums:
- A 2018 model Alfa Romeo 4C
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a drive overnight, and in a car park during the day
- Five years no claims discount
Which factors can affect my Alfa Romeo 4C insurance premiums?
We’ve collected a few examples of factors that can affect your insurance rate:
- Car model, especially year of release
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
How can I save on my car insurance?
Everybody would like to save on their car insurance. Read on to see what decisions you can make to try and keep your premiums low:
- Annual payments. Premiums can be reduced if you pay your insurance in a single annual instalment rather than monthly payments. In terms of the 4C, paying an annual sum will save you £118.22.
- Compare.It can never hurt to shop around for the best quote. Don’t just use one car insurance provider – and remember that whilst you get what you pay for, the most expensive quote isn’t necessarily the best!
- No claims discount. The higher your no claims discount, the better your chances of lower premiums.
Details about the Alfa Romeo 4C
- The 4C is available in coupé and Spider variants – as you might expect merely from the name, the Spider costs quite a bit more than your average coupé.
- The 29th International Automobile Festival voted the 4C ‘Most Beautiful Car of the Year’ in 2013
- The 4C is not available with a manual transmission, only automatic.
- The 4C’s low weight means that the vehicle is not only efficient, but faster than similar cars on the market such as the Porsche Cayman.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo 4C?
Unfortunately for potential buyers, too few 4Cs have been produced to justify the Euro NCAP crash-testing model. However, numerous reviewers have suggested that the carbon-fibre body and standard safety features should be enough to dispel worries. Auto Express, for instance, has given the 4C a rating of 4/5 stars for safety.
The standard safety features, including occupant airbags and stability control, should also help to reduce the risk of, or mitigate, an accident. Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert