ONE@Work Instapay cash advance app review cash advance app review
- Turnaround time
- Same day
The ONE@Work app, formerly known as Even, has thousands of positive reviews because of its financial planning tools and Instapay feature, which allows you to borrow up to 50% of your net earnings before payday – with instant funding possible at either Walmart or to a ONE account. But it's only available through specific employers, like Walmart. Check with your employer to see if they offer this benefit.
Interest-free cash advances
Pick up cash instantly at Walmart
Get Instapay for free if your employer offers it
More than just a pay advance app
Your employer must use ONE@Work Instapay
No list of employers
Only borrow 50% of the net pay you’ve already earned
A small fee will apply for instant deposits if not set up by your employer
|$8 monthly membership fee
|Employer must be a ONE@Work partner.
- Interest-free cash advances. InstaPay doesn’t require you to tip or pay interest for its cash advances.
- Pick up cash instantly. If you don’t want to wait one business day to have your cash advance credited to your bank account, you can pick up your cash at any US Walmart immediately at no cost to you.
- More than just a pay advance app. Although InstaPay is one of the major benefits of using the ONE@Work app, you can also budget and see how much you’ll have left to spend for the pay period after your monthly bills. And soon, you’ll even be able to set up automatic savings to reach your financial goals.
- Your employer must use ONE@Work InstaPay. Not everyone has access to the InstaPay feature of the ONE@Work app — only select employers back it.
- No list of employers. Curious if your employer uses ONE@Work? Unfortunately, there’s no list of employers on its website. You’ll have to either contact ONE@Work customer support or ask your payroll manager for more details.
- Only borrow 50% of the net pay you’ve already earned. To help keep your finances balanced, ONE@Work InstaPay only allows you to access up to 50% of the money you’ve already earned.
Our take on ONE@Work Instapay
ONE@Work is best for people who work for an eligible employer that’s partnered with ONE@Work. For workers who qualify, you can get an advance of up to 50% of your paycheck based on the hours you’ve worked. But since ONE@Work doesn’t list its partners online, you’ll need to check with your employer to see if they offer this benefit.
There are no monthly membership fees or interest for using the app, and you have several options for accessing your cash. Cash pickups at Walmart are immediate, normal bank transfers to an external account take one business day, and transfers to a ONE account are immediate with select employers.
Highly-rated by thousands of customers, ONE@Work is a useful app if you want a way to stay on top of your finances and get cash before payday. But if you don’t work for a qualifying employer, you’ll want to compare other payday cash advance apps instead.
ONE@Work Instapay overview
If your employer partners with ONE@Work, you can take advantage of multiple features, including 50% payday advances, free transfers if they’re supported, and other budgeting and saving tools. ONE@Work either deducts the funds from your next paycheck or debits them from your connected bank account.
- Withdraw up to 50% of the net pay you’ve already earned.
- One business day for bank account transfers and instant cash pickup at any US Walmart.
Make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements to sign up for an ONE@Work Plus membership and InstaPay:
- Work for an eligible employer that partners with ONE@Work
- Have a bank account with a US-based bank or credit union
- Have debit card access to your bank account
- Have a regular source of income that’s directly deposited into your account
- Have a GPS-enabled smart phone with a data plan
In addition to payday advances, ONE@Work offers a suite of financial tools that can help make managing your money easier. This includes a special savings account you can send money to each paycheck and draw from when needed, as well as bill prediction to help you keep track of your upcoming expenses.
ONE@Work also updates your finances three times a day to give you an accurate “OK to spend” amount. This is the money you have in your bank account minus the money you’ll need for bills. It uses your previous transactions to predict future expenses.
ONE@Work Instapay reviews and complaints
|App Store Score
|4.9 out of 5 stars, based on 64,900 customer reviews
|Google Play Score
|4.7 out of 5 stars, based on 46,771 customer reviews
|Customer reviews verified as of
|18 December 2023
ONE@Work earns high praise from tens of thousands of reviewers on Google Play and the App Store. Customers report being happy with the InstaPay feature — which they say helps with unexpected bills — as well as ONE@Work’s free financial planning tools. While most say good things about the app, some customers report disliking ONE@Work’s new dark theme, with no option to go back to the old light theme.
Unlike many other cash advance apps, ONE@Work is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ business rating, with only a handful of complaints reported – unusual for a financial services company. Overall, ONE@Work appears to take its customers’ complaints seriously and has responded to feedback about the app not performing as expected.
ONE@Work InstaPay cash advance vs. payday loans
ONE@Work InstaPay isn’t a loan. This means that, unlike payday loans, you pay zero interest on the amount you borrow. However, you’ll still have to pay a subscription fee, even if you don’t use InstaPay frequently.
|ONE@Work InstaPay cash advance
|Up to 50% of your earned wages
|Typically up to $1,000, and most states allow only one at a time
|One business day for bank account transfers, instant cash pick up at any US Walmart, and instant to ONE accounts
|Usually same day
|Sign up through the app, connection to bank account required
|Simple online application, typically requires Social Security number and bank account numbers
|$8 monthly ONE@Work Plus membership fee
|High interest rate that can equal fees of $15 to $25 per $100 borrowed
|Only available through select employers
|Prohibited in some states
Is ONE@Work safe to use?
In general, yes — though no app can ensure your information stays 100% secure. ONE@Work does its part by using 256-bit encryption to keep your information safe from hackers. Its systems have also been checked over for security compliance, and it performs regular audits to ensure sure your personal and banking details are kept private.
Compare ONE@Work Instapay to other cash advance apps
Compare even more cash advance apps to find the right one for your lifestyle and budgeting needs. View maximum loan amounts, turnaround times and applicable costs and fees. Visit our guide to cash advance apps to learn more about how these work — or browse a list of apps like ONE@Work.
ONE@Work is not currently available on Finder
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
February 02, 2020
How soon after I set up my account can I take an Instapay?
February 02, 2020
Thanks for getting in touch with Finder. I hope all is well with you. 😃
That’s an interesting question.
Once you are done with setting up your account, you can immediately apply for an Instapay or pay advance. As long as you’re done with all the necessary steps and provided requirements, then you are good to go. Please note though that if you decide to receive money through your bank account, it may take one business day before you receive your money.
I hope this helps. Should you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach us out again.
Have a wonderful day!
Show more Show less