Pioneer Services military loans review
Pioneer Services is no longer offering new loans.
Pioneer Services stopped offering military loans July 31, 2019
While it’s no longer accepting new applications, you can continue to sign in to your account and make payments on any existing Pioneer Services loans you have out.
You can explore your other options with our guide to personal loans for veterans and active military.
Max. Loan Amount
Up to 36%
What makes Pioneer Services military loans unique?
While most short-term loan providers aren’t willing to work with members of the military, Pioneer Services is designed specifically for active-duty and retired service members. It’s also unique in that it offers a money-back guarantee that allows you to return your funds within 15 days without being charged interest if you decide you no longer want the loan.
What is a Pioneer Services military loan?
Pioneer Services military loans are short-term installment loans between $500 and $10,000. While it doesn’t disclose APRs, they won’t be higher than 36% — the APR cap set by the Military Lending Act. It’s also not transparent about what loan terms it offers, though most installment loans come with terms between six and 24 months.
What states are Pioneer Services military loans available in?
You can apply for a Pioneer Services military loan online or over the phone in all 50 states. It also has storefronts in the following cities around the US:
- Oceanside, CA
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Fayetteville, NC
- El Paso, TX
- Killeen, TX
- Norfolk, VA
- Seattle, WA
What are the benefits of Pioneer Services military loans?
From Pioneer Services’s lenient credit requirements to its money-back guarantee, here are a few perks of its military loans:
- Open to US service members. Most short-term lenders are unwilling to work with members of the military due to the APR cap set by the Military Lending Act.
- Bad credit OK. Pioneer Services considers more than just your credit score when deciding if you qualify for a loan.
- Money-back guarantee. Decide you no longer need the funds? You have up to 15 days to return the loan at no cost to you.
- Wide state availability. Residents of all 50 states can apply for a Pioneer Services military loan.
What to watch out for
Consider these potential drawbacks before taking out a military loan from Pioneer Services:
- Not transparent about rates and terms. You won’t find a range of potential APRs or loan terms on Pioneer Services’s website.
- Fee for automatic payments. You’ll be charged a $2 fee per repayment if you sign up for autopay.
- Origination fee. Pioneer Services charges an origination fee based on the amount you borrow.
Compare more personal loans
What does the Internet say about Pioneer Services military loans?
Not much as of August 2019. Though Pioneer Services is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and receives an A+ rating, it only has eight customer reviews. And of those, six only earned 1 out of 5 stars. Most borrowers were upset with the high interest rates Pioneer Services charges. One borrower had an issue stopping autopay after they paid off their loan early, while another complained about incorrect information on their credit reports.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for a loan from Pioneer Services, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Active-duty or retired military US service member
- Valid bank account
- Proof of income
How do I apply?
You can apply for a Pioneer Services military loan in person, over the phone or online. Follow these steps to begin the process online:
- Go to the Pioneer Services website and click Apply Now.
- Complete the application to include your personal and financial information.
- Click Submit.
If approved, you have 15 days to return the loan free of charge if you decide you no longer need the funds.
I got a Pioneer Services military loan. Now what?
It’s time to start thinking about repayments. How much you owe each month and your repayment due date should be outlined in your loan agreement. While you have the option of signing up for automatic payments, know that this comes with a $2 transfer fee per payment. Since Pioneer Services doesn’t charge prepayment penalties, you can save on interest by paying off your loan early.
Keep an eye on your bank account and loan balance. If you notice anything off, reach out to Pioneer Services’s customer service team by calling 888-430-5176 or emailing email@example.com.
Military service members who’ve struggled to qualify for financing from traditional banks might find Pioneer Services useful. Its loans are available nationwide to borrowers of all credit types. But it’s not up front about what rates and terms you might qualify for.
See how Pioneer Services compares to the competition with our guide to personal loans for veterans and active military.