Wells Fargo offers tailored financing for just about every stage of life.
Wells Fargo provides loans for almost anything you need, whether you’re a student starting your undergraduate degree or a small business owner looking to rent your first storefront. With competitive rates, no origination or early repayment fees and online tools to help you manage your loan, you can be sure you’re not paying more than you need to finance your next large purchase.
What types of loans does Wells Fargo offer?
Wells Fargo offers both secured and unsecured loans for every phase of life.
- Personal loans. Wells Fargo has personal loans that don’t require collateral and can be used for almost anything. The APR you’re offered will be based off your credit, the amount you want to borrow and the length of the loan.
- Student loans. Whether you’re studying for your undergraduate or graduate degree, you can pay for your schooling with a private student loan through Wells Fargo. You can also consolidate multiple loans into a single one to help save on interest payments.
- Auto loans. You can fund a car purchase or refinance a loan you may already have.
- Business loans. Emergency repairs, one-off expenses, expansions and remodels are all legitimate uses for a business loan with Wells Fargo. These loans can range from one- to six-year terms, with both secured and unsecured options.
Many of Wells Fargo’s loan options come with an APR discount of 0.25% when you sign up for automatic payments. This can sharply reduce the total cost of your loan, but you’ll want to be sure you can afford the payments before you sign up for this program.
A complete list of Wells Fargo’s available loans
- Personal loan
- Private student loan
- Private consolidation student loan
- Graduate student loan
- Refinance mortgage
- Home equity line
- Home improvement loan
- Auto refinance
- New car loan
- Used car loan
- Private car loan
- Leased car loan
- Unsecured business loan
- Equipment express loan
Compare Wells Fargo with other lenders
Why should I consider taking out a loan with Wells Fargo?
- Great rates. Rates, terms and monthly payments are fixed. With excellent credit, your rates can be as low as 6.99%, making your payments more affordable.
- Quick access to funds. If you’re approved for a loan, you may be able to receive your funds as soon as the next business day.
- Minimal fees. With some loans, you’ll pay a $25 annual fee, but there are no origination fees.
- Online account management. Complete and submit your application online if you’re already a Wells Fargo customer. Once you get your loan, you can view your balance and make payments online.
- Payment options. If you’re a Wells Fargo checking or savings account holder, you can have your payments automatically deducted from your account. You can also make payments online, in person at your local Wells Fargo branch, by phone or by mail.
- Discounts for qualifying customers. If you have a qualifying existing relationship with Wells Fargo and set up automatic payments through a Wells Fargo deposit account, you can receive multiple discounts, though the specifics will depend on your loan.
How much will a Wells Fargo loan cost?
Wells Fargo offers competitive APRs that range from 1.00% to 23.99%, depending on the loan type, repayment terms and your credit.
There’s no origination fee, and you can prepay without incurring harsh penalties or steep fees. With some loans, you’ll pay an annual fee of $25 and late and returned payment fees of $39 if you can’t pay on time or your payment doesn’t go through.
The total cost of the loan will depend on how much you borrow and your interest rate. Before you agree to a loan contract, read it carefully to learn the final amount you’ll be paying at the end of the term.
Are Wells Fargo loans safe?
Backed by more than 160 years of reputation and service, Wells Fargo has a longstanding history within the US. Its website is easy to use and encrypted to safeguard your private personal and financial information.
If you’re having trouble or have questions, you can contact customer service by phone, by live chat or at a Wells Fargo branch.
Benefits that come with a loan from Wells Fargo
- Transparent rates. Fixed rates mean you’ll know exactly what you’re going to pay each month.
- Borrow what you need. With loans of up to $100,000, you can finance even the biggest ventures.
- Check your credit. Access your FICO credit scores for free through Wells Fargo.
- Get your funds fast. After approval, you may be able to have your funds transferred as soon as the next business day.
Possible drawbacks of a loan from Wells Fargo
- Various fee. Some loans have annual fees, and others do have prepayment penalties if you choose to pay off your loan within the first year.
- Excellent credit requirement. Though it’s not shown online, Wells Fargo favors those with good to excellent credit ratings.
- Minimum amount. If you’re looking for a smaller loan, Wells Fargo may not be the best option. The minimum personal loan amount is $3,000.
How do I apply for a loan with Wells Fargo?
Before you apply for any loan, whether it’s through Wells Fargo or another lender, be sure that you can handle the payments.
You’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have a good to excellent credit.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Applying requires that you provide some personal information:
- Personal details, such as your full name date of birth, Social Security number and a valid form of ID.
- Contact details, such as your address, email and phone number.
- Employment details, such as your employer’s name and the length of your employment.
- Income details, such as your total take home pay and your monthly expenses.
Wells Fargo offers multiple of loan options for every need. Whether you’re looking to grow your business, pay for school, get a car or remodel your home, Wells Fargo can help you fund your next big venture.
Before you decide on a loan, be sure to compare other lenders to make sure you’re getting the best deal.