Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy The Graph (GRT)
Learn how to buy The Graph (GRT) on 14+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy The Graph (GRT) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX US. These specialized marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. The Graph is a decentralized indexing project built on the Ethereum blockchain. Here's how to buy The Graph.
How to buy The Graph in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy The Graph is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, wire transfer, bank transfer and PayPal payments are widely accepted.
Buy The Graph
You can now exchange your funds for The Graph. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your The Graph to your personal wallet.
Where to buy The Graph
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade GRT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy The Graph?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy The Graph?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading The Graph.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing GRT with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy The Graph with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy GRT with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy GRT on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase GRT by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for GRT on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy The Graph?
The easiest way to buy GRT is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying GRT, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of The Graph has been performing recently.
Best The Graph wallets to store your GRT
You can keep your GRT on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Recent The Graph developments
Is The Graph a good investment?Any cryptocurrency purchase should be evaluated for potential upsides and potential risks. Before purchasing GRT, here a few points to consider:
- Real-world utility: It is extremely difficult for users to source queries across different cryptocurrency blockchains. However, using The Graph, it is possible to search through volumes of data spread out across a whole host of networks (such as Ethereum, InterPlanetary File System, etc). As per The Graph’s website, the protocol achieves this without directly interfacing with any third-party intermediary.
- Futuristic design: The platform makes it possible for users to search through a number of crypto ecosystems in a fast, reliable and secure manner. Once found, the platform then enables individuals to devise and deploy a range of APIs. APIs enable two separate apps to seamlessly interface with one another. The convenience and flexibility of The Graph could encourage widespread adoption.
- Development team: The Graph’s core team consists of established crypto personnel such as Yaniv Tal, who's associated with a number of established projects like WorkFlo and MuleSoft. Other team members include Brandon Ramirez, Jannis Pohlmann and other professionals that have worked for companies like RedHat and Barclays plc.
- Operational set-up: GRT tokens are used to facilitate all transactions being executed by the network’s participants. This includes indexers, curators and delegators. Indexers are community members that govern the platform’s nodes and stake GRT (thus earning rewards in the process). Curators, which index data, and delegators, which support the system, also have to stake tokens. The changing number of participants within the ecosystem will inherently affect the demand for GRT.
Additional information about The Graph can be found using our GRT analysis tools.
Today's The Graph price versus ATH
Compare today's price of The Graph ($0.098627 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2.84 USD on 12 February 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer GRT is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: February 12, 2021
The Graph ATH: $2.84
How to trade, convert or sell The GraphYou can convert or sell your GRT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have GRT on.
- If you store your The Graph in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of GRT you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of The Graph.
- Complete your transaction and move your GRT to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including The Graph, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of GRT is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the The Graph or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CBETH.
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).
How to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CBETH).
How to buy Optimism (OP)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Optimism, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on OP.
How to buy Efinity (EFI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Efinity, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on EFI.
How to buy Threshold Network (T)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Threshold Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on T.
How to buy UltraSafe (ULTRA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UltraSafe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ULTRA.
How to buy Stargate Finance (STG)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Stargate Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on STG.
How to buy Step App (FITFI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Step App, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FITFI.
Ask an Expert