Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Osmosis (OSMO)
Learn how to buy Osmosis (OSMO) in our step-by-step guide.
Osmosis (OSMO) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $322,773,920.
Osmosis is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today OSMO is trading for $0.545902, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.5686407494. Osmosis's seen a decrease of -60% over the past year.
So before you buy Osmosis, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Osmosis.
How to buy Osmosis in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Osmosis is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy OsmosisYou can now exchange your funds for Osmosis. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Osmosis to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Osmosis
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade OSMO by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Osmosis guide up-to-date
- OSMO price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Osmosis performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy Osmosis?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Osmosis?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Osmosis.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing OSMO with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Osmosis?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy OSMO with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy OSMO:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase OSMO by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for OSMO on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Osmosis?
The easiest way to buy OSMO is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Osmosis wallets to store your OSMO
You can keep your OSMO on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your OSMO below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Osmosis a good investment?
OSMO, is the platform’s native cryptocurrency and much like the rest of the crypto market is subject to a high degree of volatility. Here are some core aspects of the project worth considering before investing:
- Future ready design: One of the standout features of Osmosis is that it is cross-chain ready, quite like many other projects that have been built atop the Cosmos ecosystem. As per the official company websitewhitepaper the platform seeks to expand its suite of offerings to incorporate non-IBC chains as well in the near term..
- Unique incentive structure: Osmosis is different from other projects operating within the Cosmos ecosystem because its framework helps align incentive streams for its liquidity providers, DAO members, and delegator interests in a simultaneous fashion. Furthermore, liquidity pools built on Osmosis are completely self-governing as well as feature a high degree of customization.
- Novel staking setup:When talking about most conventional DeFi platforms, token owners are required to generate yields strictly via staking or liquidity. However, Osmosis makes use of a setup called ‘Superfluid Staking’ wherein the platform’s native crypto OSMO can be deployed for staking as well as within liquidity pools at the same time, allowing users to maximize their overall revenue potential.
- Multifaceted token: According to data available onlinedata available online, OSMO, the native crypto asset of the Osmosis ecosystem can be used for staking, liquidity as well as for a variety of governance-related processes such as voting on protocol upgrades (depending upon the number of tokens held by an individual).
- Sign in to the exchange you have OSMO on.
- If you store your Osmosis in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of OSMO you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Osmosis.
- Complete your transaction and move your OSMO to a wallet for storage.
Today's Osmosis price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Osmosis ($0.545902 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $11.25 on March 04, 2022. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer OSMO is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Osmosis?You can convert or sell your OSMO with the same exchange you bought it through:
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy Sui (SUI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUI.
How to buy Pepe (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ARB.
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Stella (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Stella, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.