Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy OKB (OKB)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling OKB in the US.
How to buy OKB
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying OKB.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports OKB.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy OKB.
- Buy OKB.
Complete your OKB purchase and then find the best wallet to store OKB.
What is OKB?
OKB is the native coin of the OKEx platform, which is one of the major cryptocurrency exchanges in the world that offers both fiat to crypto and crypto to crypto trading. As an OKB token holder you can enjoy rewards such as trading fee discount, voting rights and the ability to invest in crowdfunding projects on OKEx Jumpstart. Trading fee discount can be an incentive for active cryptocurrency traders who are eligible for up to 40% discount on trading fees.
OKB can also be used on travel and gaming platforms, for example to book hotels on Tripio or top up mobile and fuel cards on Litex, or even upgrade to ad-free file transfer on BitTorrent, a popular file transfer platform.
OKB (OKB) is the 32nd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $4,626,203,803. The current price of OKB is $17.170, which is 4.248% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $17.540 and $15.270 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 20, 2021 10:04 UTC.
Where to buy OKBFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade OKB by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
OKB coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of OKB over time.
OKB at a glance
|Total OKB supply||300,000,000|
|All time high||US$24.560|
|All time high date||April 12, 2021|
OKB price performance over time
How to sell OKB
You can cash out your OKB with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have OKB on.
If you store your OKB in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of OKB you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of OKB.
What to consider when buying OKBInvesting in cryptocurrency can be a risky exercise and it's important to do research to make sure you understand the benefits and risks involved. Before buying OKB tokens, here are some of the important factors to consider:
- Investment purpose. It's important to consider why you want to invest in OKB. Is it a short-term trade or long-term investment? If you're already actively trading cryptocurrencies on the OKEx trading platform, it can also be a way of accessing trading fee discounts of up to 40%.
- Supply. To reduce supply in an attempt to prop up value, OKB tokens are "burnt" regularly. The platform also uses 30% of the income from OKEx spot trading fees to buy back OKB from the 300 million in circulating supply.
- Relationship with OKEx. OKB tokens are unique in that they are minted by the OK Blockchain Foundation – the same entity that runs the OKEx platform. Therefore, any issues with the OKEx platform is likely to have an impact on the OKB price movement. For example, when OKEx suspended its cryptocurrency withdrawals last year OKB price plunged by 15%. Investors should be mindful of the risk to the OKB price if there are any issues with the OKEx trading platform.
Ask an Expert