Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy LEO Token (LEO)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling LEO in the US.
How to buy LEO Token
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying LEO Token.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports LEO.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy LEO Token.
- Buy LEO Token.
Complete your LEO Token purchase and then find the best wallet to store LEO.
What is LEO Token?
LEO is a utility token launched by cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex in order to strengthen its community of backers as well as optimize it’s various internal technical and monetary operations. It also bears mentioning that individuals who make use of LEO to facilitate their transactions within the Bitfinex ecosystem automatically become eligible to receive a 15 percent taker fee discount on all of their trades.
Furthermore, individuals who own amounts of LEO (i.e. $5,000+) are afforded the option of earning an additional 10 percent discount on taker fees as well as earn a substantial 25% reduction on all their crypto deposits and withdrawals, similar to how it works on Binance with the platform’s native BNB coin.
Lastly, when making use of LEO, users can earn up to 5% on all their peer-to-peer lending transactions.
LEO Token (LEO) is the 64th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $2,088,059,020. The current price of LEO Token is $2.180, which is -0.873% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $2.250 and $2.150 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 05:04 UTC.
Where to buy LEO TokenFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade LEO by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
LEO Token coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of LEO over time.
LEO Token at a glance
|Total LEO supply||985,239,504|
|All time high||US$2.280|
|All time high date||April 19, 2021|
LEO Token price performance over time
How to sell LEO Token
You can cash out your LEO with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have LEO on.
If you store your LEO Token in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of LEO you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of LEO Token.
What to consider when buying LEO Token
- Operating model: By making use of LEO, cryptocurrency owners can save on trading fees, the extent of which is determined by how many tokens one is in possession of as well as the saving schemes that are being offered by Bitfinex.
- Variable fee pricing: The trading fee associated with LEO can vary significantly depending on whether it is being used to facilitate transactions relating to crypto-crypto or crypto-stablecoin.
- Solid backing team: LEO was created by iFinex, the crypto company behind prominent trading platforms Bitfinex and Ethfinex. J. L. van der Velde is the CEO of Bitfinex, who prior to entering the cryptocurrency space worked as the CEO of PAG, one of Asia’s largest investment firms. Similarly, Paolo Ardionio is the CTO for Bitfinex and is closely associated with other prominent projects such as Tether (USDT) as well.
- Deflationary token supply model: LEO‘s original supply pool was set at one billion, however, this number is set to diminish over time since the token is deflationary in nature. In this regard, iFinex claims that it will gradually buy back all of the tokens from its investor base till there are none left in market circulation.
Ask an Expert