Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy IoTeX (IOTX)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling IOTX in the US.
How to buy IoTeX
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying IoTeX.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports IOTX. Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account. Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy IoTeX.
- Buy IoTeX. Complete your IoTeX purchase and then find the best wallet to store IOTX.
What is IoTeX?
The Internet of Things refers to the network of physical objects around the world that are connected to the Internet. This includes everything from smartphones and fridges to an endless list of everyday household items. But what happens to the private data these smart devices collect and share?
This is where IoTeX comes in. The IoTeX team is focused on the development of what it calls the Internet of Trusted Things. Founded in 2017, it aims to create “an open ecosystem where humans and machines can interact with guaranteed trust, free will, and privacy”. Through the use of privacy-focused blockchain technology, IoTeX aims to give users ownership and control over the data they share.
IOTX is the native token of the IoTeX network. Its key uses are to pay gas fees, register trusted devices, staking and governance.
IoTeX (IOTX) is the 176th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $328,912,670. The current price of IoTeX is $0.044, which is -2.727% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.048 and $0.041 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of May 17, 2021 07:05 UTC.
Where to buy IoTeXFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade IOTX by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
IoTeX coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of IOTX over time.
IoTeX at a glance
|Total IOTX supply||9,734,304,443|
|All time high||US$0.083|
IoTeX price performance over time!
How to sell IoTeX
You can cash out your IOTX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have IOTX on.
If you store your IoTeX in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of IOTX you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of IoTeX.
What to consider when buying IoTeX
Cryptocurrencies are complicated and volatile assets, so buying any cryptocurrency coin or token is highly risky. It’s essential that you understand the risks involved and thoroughly research any cryptocurrency before buying.
If you’re thinking of buying any IOTX tokens, some of the factors you may like to consider first include:
- White paper. If you’d like to find out more about the tech behind the IoTeX ecosystem, you’ll find plenty of useful documents in the research section of the IoTeX website.
- Competition. There are several other cryptocurrency projects focused on managing the Internet of Things. Make sure to research how IoTeX stacks up against its competitors and how this will affect its quest for widespread adoption before deciding whether you should buy any IOTX tokens.
- Burn-Drop. As part of its tokenomics system, IoTeX uses something called Burn-Drop. This will see 1 billion tokens, or 10% of the total supply, burned or dropped as the platform onboards its first 1 million “Powered by IoTeX” devices. This will result in 900 million tokens being taken out of circulation (burned) and 100 million tokens distributed to voters. Find out more about how the system works in this Medium post.
- Roadmap. IoTeX’s plan for 2021 is focused on the growth of its ecosystem. Find out more in its 2021 roadmap.
Ask an Expert