Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy GateToken (GT) in the US
Learn how to buy GateToken (GT) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy GateToken
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy GateToken is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, advcash, swift and wire transfer payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy GateToken
You can now exchange your funds for GateToken. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your GateToken to your personal wallet.
Where to buy GateToken
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade GT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy GateToken
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying GateToken.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports GT.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy GateToken.
- Buy GateToken.
Complete your GateToken purchase and then find the best wallet to store GT.
What to consider when buying GateTokenSome of GateChain’s core selling points include:
- Fund security: The platform features a highly innovative crypto storage solution called ‘Vault Account’ that is designed to seamlessly retrieve one’s funds in case they are ever stolen by a third party. Its underlying framework consists of a ‘fault-tolerant mechanism’ that not only maximizes asset privacy, but also guarantees 100% financial coverage at all times.
- Operationally sound mechanics: The DEX powering GateChain provides a high level of transparency and decentralization while offering a relatively good transaction throughput (2000+TPS) rate. Not only that, it also features a fast block confirmation time of approx. 4 seconds.
- Solid design: GateChain utilizes a ‘Decentralized Governance’ module wherein every GT holder is given the chance to participate and vote on various proposals relating to the administration of the platform. Furthermore, GateChain is designed to be future-ready, such that it is compatible with a number of other public chains such as Bitcoin, Cosmos, and Polkadot.
- Solid backing: Gate.io is helmed by a number of trusted industry experts including CEO Lin Han and CMO Marie Tatibouet. It also bears mentioning that, as per several reports, the exchange was able to raise a whopping $64 million as part of its seed funding efforts back in early 2019.
How to sell GateToken
You can cash out your GT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have GT on.
If you store your GateToken in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of GT you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of GateToken.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including GateToken, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of GT is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the GateToken or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert