Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Flow (FLOW)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling FLOW in the US.
How to buy Flow
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Flow.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports FLOW.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Flow.
- Buy Flow.
Complete your Flow purchase and then find the best wallet to store FLOW.
What is Flow?
Flow is a social-focused blockchain (gaming & social media) that is created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties. Due to the scaling problems CryptoKitties had on Ethereum, Flow developers have set out to build a highly scalable and user-friendly platform with an eye on consumer markets. Flow reached mainstream success in 2021 through the launch of NFT platform NBA Topshot's which allows fans to trade digital collectibles. Accordingly, Flow has attracted investment from major firms such as Warner Music, Andreessen Horowitz, and Digital Currency Group.
The FLOW token is used for payments, gas fees and governance. It operates as a proof-of-stake token to reward validators with additional tokens for confirming transactions and securing the network.
Flow (FLOW) is the 87th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,302,945,428. The current price of Flow is $34.730, which is 5.925% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $35.010 and $32.000 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 07:04 UTC.
Where to buy FlowFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade FLOW by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Flow coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of FLOW over time.
Flow at a glance
|Total FLOW supply||1,352,587,393|
|All time high||US$42.400|
|All time high date||April 05, 2021|
Flow price performance over time
How to sell Flow
You can cash out your FLOW with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have FLOW on.
If you store your Flow in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of FLOW you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Flow.
What to consider when buying Flow
- Competition: Flow is yet another unique blockchain competing in an increasingly saturated market. Built to solve the scaling challenge associated with Ethereum, Flow joins a vast number of proof-of-stake networks all attempting to solve the same thing, competing with more established projects like Cardano, Algorand and Polkadot. Fortunately the development team Dapper Labs are off to a strong start with substantial success in both CryptoKitties, NBA Topshot and impressive VC backing.
- Consumer-focused: Flow is a consumer-focused platform striving for mainstream use. To achieve this it tried to make fiat on-ramping (ie, getting dollars onto the blockchain) as frictionless as possible by handling all Flow transactions through a Dapper account. Dapper let's users pay with credit or debit cards as well as leading cryptocurrencies, meaning users don't need to learn how to use a blockchain wallet or first buy cryptocurrency on an exchange to make purchases.
- Tokenomics: FLOW is designed to be the chains native asset central to most, if not all applications. In addition to general payments, is used to pay gas fees, works as a bridge asset between tokens on the network, and is required to mint new tokens or dapps on the network. The Flow blockchain is designed to let buyers pay in any currency they want (including fiat) and for sellers to receive in any currency they want. As such, there is the potential for FLOW as a unit of payment to be undermined by fiat payments – especially given it is targeting a mainstream audience.
Ask an Expert