Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Flow (FLOW) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling FLOW in the US.
How to buy Flow
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Flow.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports FLOW.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Flow.
- Buy Flow.
Complete your Flow purchase and then find the best wallet to store FLOW.
What is Flow?
Flow is a social-focused blockchain (gaming & social media) that is created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties. Due to the scaling problems CryptoKitties had on Ethereum, Flow developers have set out to build a highly scalable and user-friendly platform with an eye on consumer markets. Flow reached mainstream success in 2021 through the launch of NFT platform NBA Topshot's which allows fans to trade digital collectibles. Accordingly, Flow has attracted investment from major firms such as Warner Music, Andreessen Horowitz, and Digital Currency Group. The FLOW token is used for payments, gas fees and governance. It operates as a proof-of-stake token to reward validators with additional tokens for confirming transactions and securing the network.
Flow (FLOW) is the 86th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,333,788,087. The current price of Flow is $20.96, which is 1.420% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $21.51 and $20.54 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of September 18, 2021 10:09 UTC.
Where to buy FlowFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade FLOW by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Flow?The technical analysis gauge for Flow displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Flow based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility. This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Flow: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how FLOW performs.
Flow at a glance
|Total FLOW supply||1,368,390,492|
|All time high||US$42.40|
|All time high date||April 05, 2021|
|Notable team members||Roham Gharegozlou, Dieter Shirley, Mikhael Naayem|
|Partnerships||T-Systems, NBA, UFC, Ubisoft|
|Token uses||Native token|
Flow price performance over time
How to sell Flow
You can cash out your FLOW with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have FLOW on.
If you store your Flow in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of FLOW you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Flow.
What to consider when buying FlowBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in FLOW:
- Competition: Flow is yet another unique blockchain competing in an increasingly saturated market. Built to solve the scaling challenge associated with Ethereum, Flow joins a vast number of proof-of-stake networks all attempting to solve the same thing, competing with more established projects like Cardano, Algorand and Polkadot. Fortunately the development team Dapper Labs are off to a strong start with substantial success in both CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot and impressive VC backing.
- Consumer-focused: Flow is a consumer-focused platform striving for mainstream use. To achieve this it tried to make fiat on-ramping (getting dollars onto the blockchain) as frictionless as possible by handling all Flow transactions through a Dapper account. Dapper lets users pay with credit or debit cards as well as leading cryptocurrencies, meaning users don't need to learn how to use a blockchain wallet or first buy cryptocurrency on an exchange to make purchases.
- Tokenomics: FLOW is designed to be the chain's native asset central to most, if not all applications. In addition to general payments, it's used to pay gas fees, works as a bridge asset between tokens on the network, and is required to mint new tokens or dapps on the network. The Flow blockchain is designed to let buyers pay in any currency they want (including fiat) and for sellers to receive in any currency they want. As such, there is the potential for FLOW as a unit of payment to be undermined by fiat payments, especially given that it is targeting a mainstream audience.
Coins similar to Flow (FLOW)
Flow (FLOW) in news
Telcoin Price Prediction 2021-2028
National Bitcoin Adoption Could Drive A $1 Million Bitcoin Price
Paypal Completes Rollout of Crypto Offering in UK: First International Expansion Outside US
More guides on Finder
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bytecoin (BCN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bytecoin (BCN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Sapchain (SAP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Sapchain (SAP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Star Atlas DAO (POLIS) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Smooth Love Potion (SLP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Smooth Love Potion (SLP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Chainlink (LINK) price prediction 2021
Guide to the price of Chainlink, along with predictions and commentary from finance experts.
How to buy Etherisc DIP Token (DIP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Etherisc DIP Token (DIP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Radicle (RAD) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Radicle (RAD) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Prometeus (PROM) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Prometeus (PROM) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert