Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Elrond (EGLD) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling EGLD in the US.
How to buy Elrond
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Elrond.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports EGLD.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Elrond.
- Buy Elrond.
Complete your Elrond purchase and then find the best wallet to store EGLD.
What is Elrond?
Elrond (EGLD) is the 65th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,553,286,572. The current price of Elrond is $87.09, which is -5.010% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $91.86 and $85.15 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of June 17, 2021 04:06 UTC.
Where to buy
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in the US offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Elrond at a glance
|Total EGLD supply||20,397,843|
|All time high||US$243.92|
|All time high date||April 12, 2021|
Elrond price performance over time
How to sell Elrond
You can cash out your EGLD with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have EGLD on.
If you store your Elrond in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of EGLD you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Elrond.
What to consider when buying cryptocurrencyBuying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk:
- Don't FOMO buy coins: Spend time researching a coin before you decide to invest, particularly if the coin's price is spiking for seemingly no reason.
- Stick with well known exchanges: Unless you're an experienced cryptocurrency trader, stick to more well known crypto exchanges to help avoid the possibility of losing your money in a scam. When possible, store your crypto on a hardware wallet instead of on an exchange.
- Look into the coin's founders and developers: Anonymous teams are often a red flag, so if you can't find details on the creator of the coin you may want to consider investing in a different cryptocurrency.
Ask an Expert