Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Casper Network (CSPR) in the US
Learn how to buy Casper Network (CSPR) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Casper Network
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Casper Network is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, , and payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Casper Network
You can now exchange your funds for Casper Network. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Casper Network to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Casper Network
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade CSPR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Casper Network
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Casper Network.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports CSPR.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Casper Network.
- Buy Casper Network.
Complete your Casper Network purchase and then find the best wallet to store CSPR.
What to consider when buying Casper NetworkIf you’re thinking of buying any CSPR, make sure you consider the following:
- Unique consensus mechanism:
- Casper is one of the first blockchain platforms to make use of the Correct-by-Construction (CBC) Casper specification that was developed by Ethereum’s early dev team so as to allow for rapid blockchain adoption and scalability, especially within enterprise circles.
- Scalability: Thanks to its use of a proof-of-stake (PoS) framework, Casper is able to deliver a high level of scalability all while providing users with a host of tools that can be used for database management-related purposes.
- Energy saving: Since the platform depends on select node validators via PoS — unlike the proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism — it is able to reduce its overall electricity requirements. Compared to PoW systems, Casper requires significantly less overall computing power to add new blocks to its ledger.
- Solid backing team: Casper's CEO is Mrinal Manohar, a Carnegie Mellon University graduate who, before getting involved in the crypto space, worked with Microsoft as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), albeit as an intern. In the past, he has invested in a number of high-profile projects, including Ethereum, Tezos, Filecoin and Maker.
- Clifford Sarkin is the company’s chief operating officer. He holds multiple degrees from Harvard Law School and UC Berkeley. Furthermore, in the past, he has been involved with a number of notable projects, including Scalio, ADAPtive Holdings and Metamason.
- Upgradeable Smart Contracts: The platform allows for on-chain smart contracts to be updated seamlessly, thereby completely removing the need for any complex migration processes to be carried out by the user. The system also helps allow users in determining transaction gas costs beforehand fairly accurately.
How to sell Casper Network
You can cash out your CSPR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CSPR on.
If you store your Casper Network in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of CSPR you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Casper Network.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Casper Network, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of CSPR is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Casper Network or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert