Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Arweave (AR) in the US
Learn how to buy Arweave (AR) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Arweave
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Arweave is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, paypal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Arweave
You can now exchange your funds for Arweave. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Arweave to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Arweave
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade AR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Arweave
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Arweave.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports AR.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Arweave.
- Buy Arweave.
Complete your Arweave purchase and then find the best wallet to store AR.
What to consider when buying ArweaveAs with any investment, there are a number of factors to consider before buying a digital asset. For Arweave, here are a few things to consider.
- Scalability. Scalability is an issue faced by many blockchains such as Bitcoin. Several new protocols are looking to address this issue in their architecture. With a protocol that intends to host the entire web, permanently, the issue of scalability becomes even more prominent. While certain web pages (Wikipedia, legal documents) can be saved, messenger conversations or random Facebook statuses provide a more taxing problem. Arweave’s unique blockweave is one solution to this, but how the project continues to innovate will be important for future development.
- Competition. Arweave is often compared to a network called Filecoin, which launched a few years earlier. The two projects have different fundamental use-cases; Arweave aims to tackle permanent file storage, whereas Filecoin is focused on expanding file storage. However, as the two projects exist in the same sphere, it may result in a loss of market share for Arweave. There are also future data storage projects, such as Storj, that will act as further competition for the protocol.
- Dapp integration. A significant feature of the permaweb is its interaction with dapps. As of June 2021, there are 397 dapps using the network. Greater adoption should influence the price of the native AR token.
How to sell Arweave
You can cash out your AR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have AR on.
If you store your Arweave in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of AR you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Arweave.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Arweave, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of AR is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Arweave or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert