Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Akash Network (AKT)
Learn how to buy Akash Network (AKT) in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Akash Network (AKT) on a cryptocurrency exchange like KuCoin. These specialized marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Akash Network brings blockchain to cloud-based computing. Here's how to buy Akash Network.
How to buy Akash Network in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Akash Network is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, PayPal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Akash Network You can now exchange your funds for Akash Network. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Akash Network to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Akash Network
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade AKT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Akash Network?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Akash Network?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Akash Network.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing AKT with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Akash Network with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy AKT with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy AKT on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase AKT by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for AKT on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Akash Network?
The easiest way to buy AKT is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying AKT, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Akash Network has been performing recently.
Best Akash Network wallets to store your AKT
You can keep your AKT on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Akash Network a good investment?The Akash Network is poised to provide a breakthrough service – decentralized cloud resources to power a DeFi world. Like blockchain and cryptocurrency technology in general, Akash is in its early days. Before purchasing AKT, consider the following:
- Stiff competition. The Akash Network was developed in part as a response to the centralized nature of today's cloud computing, which is largely controlled by large companies such as Amazon and Microsoft. Akash is trying to pioneer a new, decentralized model for delivering cloud computing resources, but it faces stiff competition from the established industry leaders.
- Applications. While the competition is stiff, the possibilities are nearly endless. Entire sectors of the tech industry, such as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies, are powered by and hosted on the cloud. Those sectors are likely to experience continued growth for the foreseeable future, and Akash offers the chance to be part of a new model for those industries. But like all new models, it's impossible to tell exactly where the market will go, and if Akash will be able to establish itself as a major player in the cloud computing world.
- Profit model. Akash plans to return some of the money spent on network services to investors. Holders of AKT will potentially be able to profit both from holding and staking AKT. This model hinges upon widespread adoption of the Akash network in order to be profitable.
Additional information about Akash Network can be found using our AKT analysis tools.
Today's Akash Network price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Akash Network ($0.23622 USD) against its all-time-high price of $8.07 USD on 06 April 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer AKT is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: April 06, 2021
Akash Network ATH: $8.07
How to trade, convert or sell Akash NetworkYou can convert or sell your AKT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have AKT on.
- If you store your Akash Network in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of AKT you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Akash Network.
- Complete your transaction and move your AKT to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Akash Network, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of AKT is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Akash Network or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra (LUNA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra and how the token will perform in the future.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Measurable Data (MDT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Measurable Data and how the token will perform in the future.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Moss Carbon Credit and how the token will perform in the future.
Ask an Expert