Have bad credit history and want a loan? Get it through a direct payday loan lender.
There are a variety of situations where you could find yourself in need of a loan, and it’s possible that one of these crop up when your credit score is less than perfect. In this scenario borrowers can find it difficult to secure financing from mainstream lenders.
An alternative option is direct payday loan lenders. These lenders provide short-term loans that you usually have to repay on your next payday with the amount you’re approved for depending on multiple factors.
Jason just paid the insurance on his SUV and doesn’t get paid until the 1st of next month. Next week is his wedding anniversary and he’s left himself short for a romantic dinner. Jason jumps online to compare payday lenders.
He needs his loan pretty quickly, and doesn’t want to wait to be matched with a lender.
After comparing a range of lenders he finds a direct lender he is comfortable with and applies online.
In your search for a payday loan you’ll find online direct payday loan lenders as well as loan brokers and matching services. You can also find lenders who offer their services from physical locations.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
A selection of direct payday loan lenders that you can apply with
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How does a direct payday loan lender work?
Depending on the lender you select you can apply online or in-store; in either case the application should take no more than a few minutes to complete. Most direct payday loan lenders take only a short amount of time to process applications and let you know whether you’ve been approved quickly.
Online applicants can get the money transferred electronically into their account, and in-store applicants can collect their approved funds in person after approval. You then have to repay the loan by your next payday.
Bear in mind that payday loan regulations are not the same in every US state. While direct lenders may be legal in one state they could fall under different regulations, or even be illegal, in the state you reside. Be sure to check whether the lender you apply with complies with regulations. You’re also likely to pay different fees and rates depending on the state you reside in.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Compare payday loans in your state
What to look for in a direct payday lender
Not all direct payday loan lenders are the same, and while customer service levels can vary significantly there are other aspects that require your attention as well.
- How easy is the process? Online direct payday loan lenders give you an easy way to apply for a payday loan, but not all online applications are equally user-friendly. Some lenders might ask you to fax certain documents to verify your credentials, while others have no such requirements. The overall time these lenders take to review applications, approve your loan, and then disburse your funds can vary significantly.
- Does the lender conduct credit checks? While many payday lenders don’t carry out credit checks using the big three credit reporting agencies a large number still end up turning to Teletrack, a credit reporting bureau that specializes in providing credit history related information to short-term loan lenders. If you’re looking for direct payday loan lenders who don’t use Teletrack, you’ll have to limit your search to lenders who clearly advertise ‘no Teletrack payday loans’.
- What fees will you pay? The amount you borrow, along with the state you live in, affect how much you pay in terms of fees, but this does not mean that all direct payday loan lenders charge the same fees for a given amount. Check what fees come with the loan before you apply.
The benefits and drawbacks
- With you from start to finish. When you work with a direct lender you deal with a single institution throughout the process – from applying to the disbursement of funds and repaying the loan. This can make borrowing simpler for you.
- Information is secure. Loan matching services can pass your personal information to various third-parties, and there is no telling how many marketing calls might follow.
- Miss no opportunity. While a number of loan matching services boast extensive lender networks they might still manage to miss a few good ones. When you’re on your own you can take the time to look for ones based on your specific needs, and you don’t have to worry about missing out.
- Spend more time looking. If you limit your search to direct payday loan lenders only and refrain from using a loan matching service you may end up spending more time in finding the right loan.
- Disreputable lenders. In the online lending space there is always a chance of finding a disreputable lender. Make sure you check the reputability of the lender before you apply.
- Costs and terms. A drawback of any payday loan is the cost. You’re likely to pay a high APR that can range from about 28% to 1000% and above when taking out a payday loan. You also won’t have much time to repay your loan with most loans due on your next payday.
Is there anything to avoid?
Even when you’re looking for direct payday loan lenders because you have an immediate financial need bear in mind you’ll have to be able to repay the loan. If you’re not sure about repaying the loan as per the schedule you may want to avoid taking the loan in the first place.
When you make late payments lenders will charge late fees, and if there is no money in your bank account on the due date you could end up paying non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees. Banks and credit unions charge these fees to cover the costs of a ‘bounced check’ when there aren’t enough funds in your account to cover the repayment.
Refinancing the loan is also something you may want to avoid, as it adds additional costs to the loan.
Given that there are dozens of direct payday loan lenders in the US, it is best that you compare a few before making any kind of a decision. See what options you have available and find the right lender for your borrowing needs.
How to apply
Applications can easily be completed and submitted online. In order to secure a loan you will need to meet some qualifications:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Live in a state that allows payday loans
- Meet the age requirements of the state you’re living in (usually 18-21)
- Have steady income
If all of the requirements are met there are just a few steps to apply:
- Find a direct payday lender
- Provide your name, date of birth, address, and email address
- Fax state-issued ID or enter the information if applying online
- Give details about your employment status and income
Frequently asked questions
What is the maximum amount I can borrow?
The state you live in and your monthly income determine this. The maximum loan amount can also vary between different direct payday loan lenders.
How much time does it take for a lender to give me money?
Online direct payday loan lenders typically transfer money by the next business day, but this can take longer with certain lenders.
Would not repaying a payday loan affect my credit rating?
Yes, upon non-payment your lender can initiate collection, which in turn would have an adverse effect on your credit score.
What is Teletrack?
Teletrack is credit reporting service agency that collects information for businesses like payday loan companies, rent-to-own, and furniture stores that offer financing. Your Teletrack report will note your loan history with these types of lenders as well as if your contact information matches up with what you’ve reported in the past.