Apply for a short-term loan with Check Into Cash and quickly learn if you’re approved.
Check Into Cash is a direct lender that offers payday loans up to $1,500. Depending on your state of residence, you can apply in-store or online, and you’ll know within minutes if you’ve been approved.
Read our review below to learn more about borrowing with Check Into Cash.
|Min Loan Amount||$50|
|Max. Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Loan Term||Varies by state|
|Turnaround Time||1–2 business days|
|Costs||Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.|
|Requirements||You must be at least 21 and an American citizen and have a bank account, email address and phone number.|
- Safe, secure application.
- Use the money for any purpose.
- Receive funds as soon as next business day.
- Maximum loan amount varies by state.
- Loans not available in all states.
- Have an active checking account open for at least 90 days
- Be at least 18 years of age (19 years of age in Alabama)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have a current home/cell and work phone number
- Have a valid email address
- *Indiana residents must provide proof of a Social Security Number
First, do I qualify?
If you live in a state where Check Into Cash provides in-store or online payday loans and you have a regular source of income, you may qualify for a loan. It’s important to be 18 (varies by state), and while the source of your income may matter, you may still be able to borrow even if you aren’t traditionally employed.
Check the requirements below before you apply.
What are the benefits of a Check Into Cash payday loan?
A Check Into Cash payday loan comes with a number of features; here’s what you need to know before applying:
- Convenient and quick. You can apply for a Check Into Cash payday loan online, and Check Into Cash informs you of your application’s status in less than 60 seconds. After approval, you can expect the funds to be deposited in your bank account as soon as the next business day.
- Money for anything. Check Into Cash doesn’t place limitations on how you can use the loan amount. Use it for just about any legitimate purpose like paying medical bills, buying groceries or simply getting through a temporary setback.
- Relaxed application criteria. You can apply for a Check Into Cash loan despite having bad credit as long as you have the ability to repay.
How do Check Into Cash payday loans work?
A Check Into Cash payday loan is a short-term advance on your next paycheck. It is not a long-term solution, but an option for covering unexpected expenses.
- Application. Complete the application online. If you are pre-approved, e-sign the application to confirm your funds.
- Funds. Funds will be deposited into your bank account as soon as the next business day.
- Repay loan. The original loan amount and all fees and finance charges will be debited from you bank account on your next payday.
- Application. Bring all the necessary information to the store and complete the application with an associate.
- Funds. Receive cash instantly.
- Repay loan. Provide either a pre-signed check or your bank account information for direct debit of the original loan amount and all fees.
What other loans and services are available through Check Into Cash?
Check Into Cash provides customers in certain states secured loans and other financial services. Confirm the service you’re looking at is offered in your state by checking on its website.
- Title loan or title pawn. If you own a vehicle, you can use your car to serve as collateral and get a Check Into Cash title loan. Certain states like Alabama and Georgia require you to apply for a title pawn instead. They are similar, and with each, your vehicle serving as collateral.
- Installment loan. An installment loan is similar to a payday loan, except installment loans are paid over a period of months, usually three to six.
- Line of credit. A line of credit serves as a ready source of extra cash. Borrow as much as you like within your credit limit, and you only have to pay interest on the money you use, just like with a credit card.
What to watch out for
While there is no fee for applying, payday loans typically come with high service fees and finance charges. The fees vary depending on your state, the amount you borrow and your current financial situation. Check Into Cash outlines how much you’ll have to pay in the loan offer document.
If you don’t agree with the terms, you are under no obligation to accept the loan.
Once you accept, you’ll be required to repay the principle and interest on the due date, usually two to four weeks later. If you make a late payment or miss one entirely, you can be charged extra fees. Before taking out a loan, be sure you can repay. Otherwise, you may find yourself owing much more than you borrowed.
What does the Internet say about Check Into Cash?
Check Into Cash has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2000 and has an A+ rating. On TrustPilot, it has a 4-star rating averaged from about 650 reviews, the majority of which are quite positive.
The negative complaints centered around the turnaround time and the high interest. While these are valid complaints, they tend to be common concerns with short-term loans. Be sure to read your loan contract before signing so that you understand when you can expect to receive approved funds and the costs you’re expected to pay.
How do Check Into Cash loans compare?
Is it safe to borrow from Check Into Cash?
Check Into Cash is one of the founders of the industry’s national trade association, the Community Financial Services Association of America (CFSA). Check into Cash believes in truthful advertising and full disclosure, and suggests that you turn to payday loans only as a short-term solution.
Ready to apply?
Whether you apply in-store or online, you’ll have to provide some information as to who you are.
- Be at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Have an open checking account
- Have a regular source of income
- Your name, date of birth, Social Security number and driver’s license number
- Your residential address, email address, and phone number
- Details about your employment status and income
- Details about your bank account
1. When you click Go to Site, you’ll be redirected to the application page. Enter your name, email, phone and zip code in order to proceed to the next step.
2. On the first page, you’ll need to provide your personal information, including your Social Security number. This is to help confirm your identity and protect against fraud.
3. You’ll need to provide a source of income and how often you’re paid. It’s okay if you’re not regularly employed, but it may impact the rates you receive on your loan.
4. On the final page, enter your bank account information. This is where your loan will be depsoited upon approval and where your payments will be withdrawn.
5. Once you submit, wait a few minutes while the application processes. You’ll be notified on the next screen if you’ve been pre-approved or if you’ve been rejected. If you are approved, you’ll be contacted by phone or email by Check Into Cash to confirm your identity and finalize your application.
Where does Check Into Cash operate?
Unless otherwise noted, Check Into Cash offers its services both in-store and online to residents of these states.
- Colorado (in-store only)
- Delaware (online only)
- Iowa (in-store only)
- Kentucky (in-store only)
- Michigan (in-store only)
- Nebraska (in-store only)
- Oregon (online only)
- South Carolina (in-store only)
- Utah (online only)
- Washington (online only)
I got the loan! Now what?
Great! The best thing to do is budget for your payment. With payday loans, your interest and principal will be due by you next check, so it’s important to be able to cover the whole cost of the loan before you borrow. Like all short-term loans, what you borrow from Check Into Cash should only be used to cover an emergency or budget shortfall. Because of the high interest, it’s crucial to only take out what you need when you need it.
I didn’t get the loan. What’s next?
There are a number of reasons you didn’t receive a loan offer. While short-term loans are designed for people with bad credit, you still have to be able to afford the loan. Often, people are rejected because their financial situation simply can’t support the quick turnaround and high repayment of a short-term loan. You should make sure you can afford a loan before you apply again, and if you need money quickly, consider some of the loan alternatives.
If you’re in need of a little extra cash between checks, Check Into Cash may be a good way to keep you going until you get paid. With an A+ rating from the BBB and plenty of locations in every state, applying is easy and you could see your funds deposited into your account as soon as the next business day.