Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel insurance rates
Strong safety ratings and average insurance rates could help the EcoDiesel become a market winner.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The average cost of insurance for the Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is expected to be between $200 and $300 a month, or $2,400 to $3,600 a year. This gives it an annual insurance-cost-to-base ratio of nearly 10%, which isn’t out of line for pickup trucks but well over the 4% national average for all vehicles.
Compare car insurance for your Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
How do I compare insurance for the 1500 EcoDiesel?
Insurance costs for the 1500 EcoDiesel are expected to be in line with other pickup trucks. Some of the factors that go into these rates are:
- Body type. The 1500 is a half-ton diesel pickup truck. Pickup trucks’ large size and power are partly why they’re so expensive to insure compared to other vehicles, since they can cause more damage if they get into an accident.
- Fuel. With a reported 24-mpg highway driving, the 1500 EcoDiesel gets better gas mileage than its gasoline-powered cousins. This can help save money at the station, but diesel engines require more expensive repairs, increasing insurance rates.
- Theft rates. The Dodge Ram is one of the most commonly stolen vehicles in the US, regardless of model. High theft rates on a vehicle have a significant impact on insurance rates, so expect that to factor into 1500 EcoDiesel premiums.
- Maintenance. Maintenance costs are generally higher for diesel trucks than gas trucks, which translates into higher insurance costs. According to Pickup Trucks’ website as of November 2019, maintenance cost for the EcoDiesel are lower than those of other diesel trucks.
- Coverage. With the $36,000 price tag and the powerful nature of the truck, you might want to consider higher liability limits on your policy, in addition to both comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Warranty. The Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is covered under MOPAR’s five-year 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. This includes the cost of repairs to powertrain parts, such as the engine, transmission and drive system. It also includes unlimited roadside assistance, which allows you to skip that coverage on your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Dodge is offering various cashback and low finance offers on the Ram 1500 to help you save on the sticker price.
Does the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel should qualify for the most common vehicle discounts offered by most insurance companies:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint system
- Active restraint system
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
- Parking sensors
How reliable is the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel?
The Dodge Ram 1500 earns high marks for both safety and reliability.
- Safety. The 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 is the first full-size pickup truck to earn the Top Safety Pick+ award from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, which gave it a Good rating on all six of its crashworthiness ratings. It also received 4 out of 5 stars for safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and a 9.1 overall safety score from US News and World Report.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gives the Ram 1500 a predicted reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which is above average.
- Recalls. Dodge has issued recalls on nearly 300,000 Ram 1500 models in both 2019 and 2020 models due to an issue with the front passenger airbag. It’s reasonable to expect the EcoDiesel 1500 to face similar recalls in the future.
The Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel adds extra power and torque to the Ram lineup, without sacrificing safety and reliability ratings. The expected insurance costs of $300 a month are right in line with new pickup truck rates, making the 1500 EcoDiesel a relatively affordable truck to insure.
Compare different insurance companies to find the best and most affordable option for your new ride.
Frequently asked questions about the Dodge Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Read more on this topic
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.