We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
BMW Performance Insurance
Get exclusive protection for your exclusive ride.
You can insure your car or motorcycle with any insurance provider, but for the ultimate coverage created just for BMW owners, BMW Performance Insurance can protect your baby — but it’s not always the cheapest way to go.
What is BMW Performance Insurance?
Underwritten by Liberty Mutual and endorsed by the BMW Car Club of America, BMW Performance Insurance offers specialized policies tailored to BMW car and motorcycle owners.
What can BMW Performance Insurance offer?
BMW Performance Insurance from Liberty Mutual gives you benefits like no other for a car that’s in a class of its own.
- Genuine BMW replacement parts. If your car or motorcycle is damaged, get it fixed with genuine parts.
- New car replacement. Get a brand-new BMW if yours is totaled in an accident.
- Accident forgiveness. Your rates won’t go up the first time you get in an accident.
- 12-month rate guarantee. Your rates won’t change for the first year you have your policy.
- Roadside assistance. If your car breaks down, have it towed to the nearest mechanic or BMW dealer.
- Multi-car discount. If you’re a BMW family, you can take advantage of exclusive discounts for multi-car policies.
Insurance for BMW Motorrad bikes
If you own a BMW motorcyle, Liberty Mutual’s BMW Performance Insurance also includes:
- Towing to your nearest BMW Motorrad dealer. If your bike breaks down on the road, get it fixed by a licensed BMW mechanic.
- Better Bike Replacement. If your bike is totaled in an accident, you can get a replacement that’s one year newer with 2,500 fewer miles.
- Special savings. Save up to 10% when insuring your BMW motorcycle.
- Experienced rider discount. Save money if you’re an experienced rider. And if you’re a newbie, you can also save by taking a safety course.
What’s the fine print?
Because of varying state and local laws, special deals and coverage options aren’t available everywhere, and there are exclusions that’ll be listed in your policy.
- Discounts and savings vary by state and not all applicants will qualify.
- Genuine BMW replacement parts may be prohibited by your state’s laws, so check with your Liberty Mutual agent.
- New car replacement coverage is subject to your applicable deductible and covers total losses only. Your vehicle must be less than a year old, have been picked up brand new and have fewer than 15,000 miles. Coverage availability varies by state.
- Towing and labor coverage applies to mechanical breakdowns only. It does not apply to accidents covered by collision or comprehensive coverage.
- Accident forgiveness is available to qualifying customers only and is subject to Liberty Mutual’s underwriting guidelines. It’s not available in California and varies by state.
Filing a claim
If your car or motorcycle is damaged in an accident, you can take it directly to a BMW dealer or certified collision repair center. They’ll handle the entire claims process, and any work they do is guaranteed for the life of your car.
BMW Ultimate Protection Program
If you want even more protection for your baby, consider signing up for BMW’s Ultimate Protection Program for access to:
- BMW extended service contract. Extend your warranty up to even years or 100,000 miles so you can be certain that covered repairs are performed only at a genuine BMW center using original BMW parts.
- Lease protection. Avoid being charged for excess wear and tear to your leased car when you turn it in.
- BMW protection products. Purchase additional coverage to protect your BMW tires and wheels from road hazards, your windshield from cracks or breaks and your paint job from dings and dents, along with 24/7 lockout assistance and key replacement.
- Guaranteed auto protection. Also known as gap insurance, this covers the difference if your car is totaled and the check from the insurance company is less than you owe on the car.
How do I sign up for BMW Performance Insurance?
To sign up for BMW Performance Insurance or get a free quote on your rates, visit Liberty Mutual’s BMW Performance Insurance page or call 888-694-5644.
If you want specialized full-coverage protection for your new BMW car or Motorrad bike, Liberty Mutual’s partnership with BMW might be just what you’re looking for. But if you have an older BMW and just want to legally get out on the road as cheaply as possible, compare other car insurance providers for the best deal.
Common questions about BMW Performance Insurance
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.
Ask an Expert