Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Is BMW Performance Insurance worth it?
Get exclusive protection for your exclusive ride from BMW
You can insure your car or motorcycle with any insurance provider, but for the ultimate coverage created just for BMW owners, BMW Performance Insurance can protect your baby — but it’s not always the cheapest way to go.
What is BMW Performance Insurance?
Underwritten by Liberty Mutual and endorsed by the BMW Car Club of America, BMW Performance Insurance offers specialized policies tailored to BMW car and motorcycle owners.
What do I get with BMW Performance Insurance?
BMW Performance Insurance from Liberty Mutual gives you benefits like no other for a car that’s in a class of its own.
- Genuine BMW replacement parts. If your car or motorcycle is damaged, get it fixed with genuine parts.
- New car replacement. Get a brand-new BMW if yours is totaled in an accident.
- Accident forgiveness. Your rates won’t go up the first time you get in an accident.
- 12-month rate guarantee. Your rates won’t change for the first year you have your policy.
- Roadside assistance. If your car breaks down, have it towed to the nearest mechanic or BMW dealer.
- Multi-car discount. If you’re a BMW family, you can take advantage of exclusive discounts for multi-car policies.
Insurance for BMW Motorrad bikes
If you own a BMW motorcyle, Liberty Mutual’s BMW Performance Insurance also includes:
- Towing to your nearest BMW Motorrad dealer. If your bike breaks down on the road, get it fixed by a licensed BMW mechanic.
- Better Bike Replacement. If your bike is totaled in an accident, you can get a replacement that’s one year newer with 2,500 fewer miles.
- Special savings. Save up to 10% when insuring your BMW motorcycle.
- Experienced rider discount. Save money if you’re an experienced rider. And if you’re a newbie, you can also save by taking a safety course.
BMW Ultimate Protection Program
If you want even more protection for your baby, consider signing up for BMW’s Ultimate Protection Program for access to:
- BMW extended service contract. Extend your warranty up to even years or 100,000 miles so you can be certain that covered repairs are performed only at a genuine BMW center using original BMW parts.
- Lease protection. Avoid being charged for excess wear and tear to your leased car when you turn it in.
- BMW protection products. Purchase additional coverage to protect your BMW tires and wheels from road hazards, your windshield from cracks or breaks and your paint job from dings and dents, along with 24/7 lockout assistance and key replacement.
- Guaranteed auto protection. Also known as gap insurance, this covers the difference if your car is totaled and the check from the insurance company is less than you owe on the car.
How do I sign up for BMW Performance Insurance?
To sign up for BMW Performance Insurance or get a free quote on your rates, visit Liberty Mutual’s BMW Performance Insurance page or call 888-694-5644.
Alternatives to BMW insurance
How to file a claim
If your car or motorcycle is damaged in an accident, you can take it directly to a BMW dealer or certified collision repair center. They’ll handle the entire claims process, and any work they do is guaranteed for the life of your car.
What’s the fine print?
Because of varying state and local laws, special deals and coverage options aren’t available everywhere, and there are exclusions that’ll be listed in your policy.
- Discounts and savings vary by state and not all applicants will qualify.
- New car replacement coverage has some conditions and is subject to your applicable deductible and covers total losses only. Your vehicle must be less than a year old, have been picked up brand new and have fewer than 15,000 miles. Coverage availability varies by state.
- Towing and labor coverage applies to mechanical breakdowns only. It does not apply to accidents covered by collision or comprehensive coverage.
- Accident forgiveness is available to qualifying customers only and is subject to Liberty Mutual’s underwriting guidelines. It’s not available in California and varies by state.
If you want specialized full-coverage protection for your new BMW car or Motorrad bike, Liberty Mutual’s partnership with BMW might be just what you’re looking for. But if you have an older BMW and just want to legally get out on the road as cheaply as possible, compare other car insurance providers for the best deal.
Common questions about BMW Performance Insurance
Read more on this topic
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
How to get your claim paid without receipts No receipts? See how you can still get your insurance claim paid with different types of policies.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy? This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
Car insurance in no-fault vs. at-fault states How your state determines fault affects your claims settlement and insurance premiums.
Hagerty classic car insurance review July 2020 Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
How do I prevent keyless car theft? Keyless cars can be easy to steal with cheap tech, but are they stolen more often?
Ask an Expert