Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts
A regional bank with 20+ checking and savings accounts for individuals and businesses.
What banking products does KeyBank offer?
Why should I open an account at KeyBank?KeyBank offers some unique features including:
- EasyUp feature. Accomplish your savings goals faster when you elect to have $1 transferred from your checking to savings every time you use your debit card.
- Promotional and relationship rates. Many savings accounts offer promotional rates for first-time customers and relationship rates for existing customers with more than one account.
- High cash deposit limits. Small businesses can deposit up to $25,000 in cash deposits monthly across all business checking account tiers.
What should I look out for?
If you plan to open an account with KeyBank, watch out for these potential drawbacks:
- Limited branches and ATMs. KeyBank has just over 1,200 branches and 1,500 ATMs.
- In-person applications. You’ll need to visit a branch to open CDs, savings and kids accounts.
- Average interest rates. KeyBank has a few accounts with 1.75% APY, but most rates are around 0.05%.
- Small service area. KeyBank only services the following 15 states:
- New York
Compare with leading bank accounts
Get in touch with KeyBank customer service by:
- Calling 888-539-1107 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Visiting a local branch.
- Starting a live chat weekdays from 7 a.m. to midnight ET and weekends from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET.
- Filling out the Request a Call form through the website.
- Tweeting @KeyBank.
- Sending a Facebook message to KeyBank.
Bottom lineKeyBank has locations in 15 states across the Northwest and Northeast. If you live in its service area and are looking for a local bank, KeyBank may be a good fit. But its interest rates are average.
If you prefer a bank with a broader service area and higher interest rates, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a bank.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Aspiration's suite of accounts Aspiration Bank gives you control over your monthly fees with 1% APY on savings.
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.