We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Explore Comerica’s suite of bank accounts
Banking and financial services for personal and business use in five states.
What banking products does Comerica offer?Comerica offers both personal and business banking, in addition to many additional services.
How does Comerica compare to other banks or services?Comerica is the 41st largest bank in the United States and holds over $71 billion in assets across its 591 branches. It’s the largest commercial bank that has its headquarters in Texas.
While Comerica is significantly smaller than the largest US banks, it has branches across the nation and provides a full range of financial services for both personal and business needs.
Why should I open an account at Comerica?
In addition to its 24/7 customer support and wide national reach, Comerica offers these benefits:
- Account options. Comerica offers a wide range of personal and business banking options, making it a good fit whether you’re looking for daily banking, savings and investments or complex business accounts.
- Recurring transfers. You can set up automatic transfers between any of your accounts, making it easier to save money each month in a savings account.
- Online banking. Comerica has an easy-to-use online banking platform with no monthly fees. If you use direct deposit, it also waives the fees to use its Web Bill Pay service. It also has a free mobile banking app that offers most daily banking capabilities.
What should I look out for?Comerica isn’t as strong of a bank in these key areas:
- Low rates. Despite offering high yield accounts, Comerica‘s basic accounts have low interest rates, starting at 0.01%.
- Monthly minimums. Comerica waives the monthly fees if you maintain the minimum daily balance, but this can make selecting the right account tricky.
- Customer reviews. Many banks suffer from negative online reviews, and Comerica is one of them.
What do regulators and customers say?Comerica is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating with it. It’s a member of the FDIC and has a mostly Outstanding rating from the CRA. A few locations hold a Satisfactory rating, while one location in Boca Raton holds a Needs to Improve rating. Comerica has a 6.1 TrustScore on Trustpilot, with only one 3- out of 5-star review on the site. There are over 1.3 million complaints related to Comerica on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website, most of which are related to its banking services.
Comerica‘s customer serviceComerica divides its customer service numbers into time zones.
|Eastern||800-266-3742||8 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays|
|Central||800-925-2160||8 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays|
|Mountain/Pacific||800-522-2265||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays|
|Hearing impaired||800-822-6546||8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET weekdays|
It also offers a 24/7 interactive voice response system where you can check account balances, transfer funds, report lost cards, reset your password and report fraud.
Bottom lineComerica offers almost every financial product and service imaginable. This wide variety of banking and financial options can provide a useful one-stop shop for your financial needs.
However, it doesn’t receive the highest marks for customer service and higher APYs can be found elsewhere. Compare all of your options before deciding on a bank.
Frequently asked questions.
Read more on this topic
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.