Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare BankPurely banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs
This online bank offers simple, high-yield personal banking products but has no in-person support.
Shopping around for a financial provider can be tedious. You want your bank to take care of your hard-earned funds while offering the account features that suit your personal banking needs.BankPurely offers FDIC-insured savings and checking accounts, ATM cards and surcharge-free ATM access. You’ll get competitive rates, no maintenance fees and a tree planted with the Plant-It-2020 program for every account you open.
What banking products does BankPurely offer?
- SavingPurely. Get a 0.25% APY, no maintenance fees and access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide with this online savings account.
- CheckingPurely. With a $1 minimum deposit, you’ll get online banking, free bill pay, no maintenance fees and a 0.75% APY.
- PurelyCDs. A $1,000 minimum deposit is required, but you’ll get up to a 2.87% APY on terms that range from 12 to 60 months.
- PurelyMoneyMarket. You’ll need an opening deposit of at least $25,000, but you’ll receive a 0.75% APY, an ATM card, mobile banking and online account management.
Compare BankPurely bank accounts
How does BankPurely compare to other banks?BankPurely is a relative newcomer to the banking industry, officially opening for business in October 2016. It doesn’t appear on the list of the top 50 bank holding companies by deposits in the US. In fact, neither does its parent company, Flushing Bank.
Flushing Bank’s slogan, “Small enough to know you, large enough to help you,” seems like a good fit for its online division, BankPurely. This online-only provider offers the perks of a larger institution but doesn’t boast the figures of the nation’s financial heavyweights.
With no official branches to its name, BankPurely certainly doesn’t contend with the nation’s big names like JP Morgan, Bank of America and Wells Fargo, each with over 4,000 bank branches apiece.
Why should I open an account at BankPurely?
In addition to offering mobile banking and access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs, some of BankPurely‘s other benefits include:
- No maintenance fees. There are no monthly maintenance fees associated with BankPurely‘s checking or savings accounts.
- High rates. Across all accounts, BankPurely boasts competitive interest rates to help you grow your funds.
- Plant a tree. For every account opened, BankPurely plants a tree with Plant-It 2020 in New York state.
What should I look out for?
Though BankPurely offers several perks, there are still some potential drawbacks to be aware of:
- Limited support. Since BankPurely is an online bank, its customer service is limited to telephone and email support.
- ATM fees. If you use an ATM outside of BankPurely‘s network, you’ll pay a $1.50 fee to access your cash.
- Limited transactions. As with most others, its savings account is limited to six transactions a month. Should you exceed this limit, BankPurely will close your account.
What do regulators and customers say?
Neither the Better Business Bureau nor Trustpilot had enough customer reviews to give BankPurely a formal rating. In fact, online reviews of this provider are scarce.
Of the small handful of BankPurely customer reviews online, most indicate that BankPurely accounts are easy to use and that the mobile and web banking platforms are hassle-free.
Some customers felt that the account activation process took too long, as they had to wait for their account PIN to arrive by mail. Others complain that reaching customer service by phone is tedious and lengthy.
Bottom lineBankPurely offers straightforward, high-interest online accounts with an eco-friendly twist. You’ll enjoy ATM access, mobile banking and competitive rates, but support is limited and you could face fees for using an ATM outside its network.
Common questions about banking at BankPurely
Read more on this topic
How to open a business bank account Opening a business bank account is easier than you think. Explore our guide on how to do it.
What is zero-based budgeting? Dave Ramsey swears by this budgeting method, but can it really help you avoid overspending?
How to get cheaper rent Use these tips to lower your current rent — or save up for a new place if your landlord won’t budge.
Second stimulus check: Will I qualify? A second wave of stimulus checks could be making their way to US taxpayers.
Best banks and credit unions in Texas Explore our top five picks for best banks in the Lone Star State.
Best banks and credit unions in New York Check out the five best places to store your money in the Empire State.
Stimulus check: How much you'll get and when 7 tips on smart ways you can think about using your stimulus check. Description on our main page that summarizes what the article is about.
Best banks and credit unions in California We’ve rounded up the best five places to store your money as a California resident.
What is an ACH transfer? What to expect when you transfer money to a bank account through an ACH transfer
Aspiration banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs Aspiration Bank gives you control over your monthly fees with 1% APY on savings.