Looking for travel insurance a bit later on in life? Age UK might just have the right policy for you.
Age UK specialise in travel insurance for over 50’s. Unlike other travel insurance providers, Age UK’s policies have no upper age limits and they also provide insurance for pre-existing medical conditions wherever they can.
Age UK stand up for all those who have reached later life, and aim to protect the long-term interests of future generations.
Keep on reading to find out if Age UK are the right travel insurance provider for you.
Compare cheap travel insurance
Who are Age UK?
Age UK is the largest charity dedicated to helping those in later life in the UK. Since April 2009 they have been working to provide services and support to the older population.
Their vision is to make the UK a great place for people to grow old.
They do this by supporting the elderly population in a number of ways. They provide free information and advice on a range of topics including money, well being, care, travel and work. They also offer travel insurance specifically tailored to their customers needs.
Age UK Travel Insurance is designed for the over 50s.
What does Age UK’s Travel Insurance cover?
Age UK’s travel Insurance policies offer cover for you against certain risks while you’re away. These include:
- If your trip is cancelled or cut short
- Missed departure
- Money and documents being lost
- Medical expenses
- Hospital benefit
- Personal accident: death, loss of limb/sight, permanent disability
- End supplier financial failure
As well as the above, Age UK Travel Insurance also protects you from further potential risks, and you can add optional extras such as winter sports or pre-existing medical cover. If you would like more details about the range of cover, take a look at the Age UK Travel Insurance policy document which can be found on their website.
What optional extras can I get with Age UK Travel Insurance?
- Pre-existing medical cover. Designed to ensure your costs are covered if you fall ill due to a pre-existing medical condition.
- Winter sports cover. Can be added to insure the loss/ damage of ski equipment, as well as against the event of closures.
- Group cover. Special discounts are available for groups of ten or more adults travelling together.
- Remove the excess. You have the option to remove the excess from all claims, but will make your premium increase.
What benefits do I get with an Age UK travel insurance policy?
- Insured for pre-existing conditions. Age UK aim to provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions wherever possible.
- 24-hour emergency medical assistance Age UK are always on hand to offer you assistance.
- No Admin fees. You don’t need to pay any admin fees if you need to change your policy.
- Emergency medical expenses You are covered for up to £10 million in a medical emergency.
- Cover for children under 18 is free. Cover for under 18s is free, provided they are covered under the same policy as an insured adult.
- Cover for loss of deposit or cancellation charges. You are covered for your loss of deposit and for the cost of cancellation.
- Cover for financial failure. You are covered for the financial failure of the travel or accommodation provider.
- Cover for medical equipment. Your medical equipment is covered against loss, theft or damage.
- Personal belongings cover. Don’t worry, your personal belongings are covered.
- Free pre-travel line. You will have access to a free phone line for advice on visas, passports, local holidays, motoring restrictions and other queries.
What will my excess be?
An excess is the monetary amount that you are required to contribute towards a claim. The following excesses are in addition to any other excess that is applicable. This information can be found in your policy schedule. Most incidents do not require any excess, but here are some of the events which do require an excess:
- Your trip is cancelled or cut short.
- Missed departure.
- Medical expenses.
- Loss/damage of personal belongings.
- Loss of money/documents.
- Personal Liability.
What is the Age UK claims process?
To make a claim, all you have to do is call the claims helpline, which will be shown on your policy schedule. They are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They will confirm what your policy covers for you for the incident so make sure you have your policy details available.
If you have a medical emergency, make sure to call 00 44 23 8064 4633 to get help from Assistance International, quoting “Age UK and your policy number.