- Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. For help, contact the Money Advice Service.
Laybuy review: Buy it now and pay it off later
Get your purchase and spread your interest-free cost over six weekly payments.
New Zealand-based Laybuy is a payment platform, designed to make it easier for shoppers to manage online and in-store purchases. It also doesn’t charge any interest and allows you to pay for your purchase over six weekly instalments.
How does Laybuy work?
You have the option of signing up to Laybuy either from Laybuy’s website or when you shop at one of its retail partners and select Laybuy as the payment option.
Before your account is verified and approved, Laybuy will have to carry out a credit check.
Once your account has been created, you’ll be given a limit based on your credit score. Then, you’ll be able to use Laybuy to make purchases through any of its approved retailers up to the limit. After you’ve made any purchases, you’ll be expected to pay Laybuy back over six, equal weekly payments.
The first payment will be taken after you place your order and the five remaining payments will follow each week.
Features of shopping with Laybuy
- No annual fees. There are no upfront fees to pay on your Laybuy account.
- Interest-free. Laybuy only offers one payment plan but you won’t have to pay any interest and will be able to spread the cost over six weeks with equal payments.
- Easy-to-use app. You’ll be able to view and manage your payments using the handy app.
- Automatic payments. Laybuy will automatically take all your further payments from your bank account at two-week intervals.
- Orders shipped straight away. Laybuy pays the retailer upfront so that your order is shipped as soon as you pay the first instalment.
- Repay early. You’ll be able to overpay in advance of the six weeks if you so choose. And it won’t cost you a penny more.
- Pick a day. You can select which day your weekly payment will be made.
Which retailers accept Laybuy?
You can see a full list of shops that accept Laybuy here.
How much does Laybuy cost to use?
Laybuy has no annual fees for its platform. And as its payment plan is interest-free, you shouldn’t ever have to pay more than an item’s original price tag, as long as you pay on time. If you’re late with a payment, you’ll be charged £6 for each payment that doesn’t reach Laybuy on time.
Is Laybuy safe to use?
Yes. All Laybuy’s transactions are secure and encrypted meaning that you’re safe to shop with any of its partner retailers. Laybuy also carries out credit checks and verifies your details before creating your account and providing you with a limit.
How can I sign up for Laybuy?
You need to be at least 18 and be a UK resident. You can register either via Laybuy’s website or direct from a retailers’ website checkout. You’ll need to provide Laybuy with your name, address and mobile number so that it can carry out a credit check and verification.
Laybuy will also require your credit or debit card details.
Frequently asked questions
Shopping news and reviews
Popular fashion retailer PrettyLittleThing has partnered with payment service Klarna to let you buy now and pay later. Find out the details here! Read more…
Read our review to see how Payl8r works and decide if it’s the right choice for you. Read more…
Enjoy flexible online shopping and buy now, pay later with Openpay! Find out which of your favourite stores offer this new payment service. Read more…
Get the most out of the Boxing Day sales when you buy now and pay later at these top retailers that offer Klarna. Read more…
Buy now and pay later this Boxing Day with these top Clearpay stores! Shop fashion, beauty and more from your favourite retailers. Read more…
Ask an Expert