- Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. For help, contact the Money Advice Service.
Klarna review: Flexible payments for online shopping
Buy now and pay later with no-interest financing options.
Many online retailers offer payment through Klarna, a financing option that allows you to slice up your payments over time or wait up to 30 days to make your first payment.
You can check out our full list of retailers who offer Klarna here.
How does Klarna work?
Klarna partners with retailers looking to offer simple third-party financing solutions. When you shop with a store that offers Klarna, you can select Klarna as your payment method at the checkout.
In the UK Klarna does not charge any interest on its “Pay Later” or “Slice it in 3” products. However, the service’s “Slice It” product charges up to 18.7% APR.
Klarna offers three payment structures:
- Pay later. An option to complete your order without paying. After your order ships, you receive an invoice with either 14 or, more usually, up to 30 days to pay the full amount.
- Slice it. An open-ended line of credit that slices up your payments into monthly instalments that you pay over time. This option requires a full credit check and charges interest of up to 18.9% APR.
- Slice it in 3. This option allows you to spread the cost of your purchase equally over three months. It requires an affordability assessment (not a full credit check) and no interest is charged. Payments are due firstly at the time of ordering and then 30 and 60 days later.
Features of shopping with Klarna
- No annual fee. You’ll never pay a maintenance fee to use Klarna.
- Zero-interest options. If you choose the Pay Later or Slice it in 3 options, you’ll pay no interest on your purhase.
- Autopay. Set up automatic minimum payments from your bank account to your Klarna account.
- Safe and secure. Klarna safeguards your personal information and enforces a zero-fraud protection policy. If you see an unauthorised purchase with your account, report the problem to Klarna and the company will make it right.
- Easy-to-use app. Manage your payments, report and manage returns, and chat with customer service 24/7 from your smartphone.
- Payment reminders. Klarna gives you a nudge two days before each payment is due.
- Hassle-free refunds. Easily request a refund for your order and receive your money within 14 days.
How much does Klarna cost?
You pay no up front or annual fee to use Klarna. The only situations in which you’ll pay more than your total purchase price is if you choose the Slice it option and accept terms with an interest rate.
Is Klarna safe?
Yes. Klarna’s buyer protection policy ensures that your goods arrive in the condition described at purchase. If you have a problem with your order, report it so Klarna can make it right.
Klarna stores and transmits your personal and financial details securely both online and offline. And its zero-fraud liability protects you from unauthorised or fraudulent purchases that end up on your account.
How to sign up for Klarna
You must be at least 18 years old and shop with a retailer that offers Klarna to sign up for an account.
If your purchase is eligible, you’ll see Klarna listed as a payment option at checkout. Click Klarna and complete the short application on the next page. You’ll know instantly if you’re approved for financing.
To use Klarna’s app, create an account online with your email or download the app on your mobile device.
Which retailers offer Klarna?
You can browse the full list of Klarna retailers here.
10% off first orders Extra 10% off your first purchase over £10 at Lovehoney with this discount code. T&Cs apply. Exclusive: £10 off code
Limited-time offer: Save £10 when you spend £50 or more at Missguided. Use this code to knock some money off today! T&Cs apply. 25% off everything
Shop tons of items from PLT and use this voucher code to get 25% off! T&Cs apply. 15% off orders with newsletter sign-ups Hurry up to register and get 15% off your first order with Burton. T&Cs apply.
10% off first orders
Extra 10% off your first purchase over £10 at Lovehoney with this discount code. T&Cs apply.
Exclusive: £10 off code
Limited-time offer: Save £10 when you spend £50 or more at Missguided. Use this code to knock some money off today! T&Cs apply.
25% off everything
Shop tons of items from PLT and use this voucher code to get 25% off! T&Cs apply.
15% off orders with newsletter sign-ups
Hurry up to register and get 15% off your first order with Burton. T&Cs apply.
Have more questions about Klarna?
Ask an Expert