Compare Samsung phone insurance providers
Your new Samsung phone is sleek, smart, and expensive to repair or replace. Insurance covers you for loss, theft and accidental damage. In our guide, you can compare deals and find out more about what you get and what’s excluded.
What's in this guide?
- Compare Samsung phone insurance providers
- Why protect your Samsung phone?
- What does Samsung phone insurance cover?
- What doesn't Samsung phone insurance cover?
- Am I already covered for my Samsung phone under my home insurance policy?
- What is the difference between Samsung phone insurance and Samsung Care+?
- What Samsung phones can be insured?
- The bottom line
- Frequently asked questions about Samsung phone insurance
Why protect your Samsung phone?
Mobile phones have become an essential part of our everyday lives. We are carrying these small devices everywhere and using them throughout the day.
Samsung has produced some of the most expensive mobile phones on the market, and they are costly to repair or replace. One careless action could lead to your Samsung phone being damaged or lost.
If you’d rather pay a small monthly premium to cover the costs of potentially damaging or losing your phone, rather than a huge one-off outlay in the case of an unfortunate incident, Samsung phone insurance is for you.
What does Samsung phone insurance cover?
Most Samsung phone insurance policies will cover the costs of repairing or replacing your phone in the following scenarios.
- Accidental damage. If your Samsung phone is damaged accidentally.
- Malicious damage. If your Samsung phone is damaged deliberately by someone else.
- Liquid damage. If your Samsung phone is damaged by exposure to liquid.
- Screen damage. If your phone’s screen is cracked.
- Mechanical breakdown. If your Samsung phone breaks through no fault of your own.
- Loss or theft. If your Samsung phone is lost or stolen.
- Unauthorised usage. In cases of theft or loss, you’ll also be covered for charges resulting from unauthorised usage.
- Accessories cover. You’ll be covered for replacing or repairing any accessories lost or damaged along with the phone.
With some insurers, some of these scenarios may only be covered if you purchase additional protection as an add-on. You may also be offered overseas protection, but again this is typically only available as a paid add-on.
What doesn’t Samsung phone insurance cover?
Here are some typical examples of scenarios where a Samsung phone insurance policy won’t cover you for damage or loss.
- Claims where reasonable care isn’t taken to protect your phone. Insurers will usually list several examples of “reasonable care” in their terms and conditions.
- Deliberate damage. You won’t be covered for intentional damage that you cause to your phone.
- Claims where the phone was left unattended. If the phone wasn’t in your line of sight when the incident occurred, you usually won’t be covered by your insurer. Some insurers may cover incidents where your phone was left with an immediate family member. However, they will still be expected to have taken “reasonable care” to protect the phone.
- Claims without proof of purchase. You’ll need to provide a receipt, proving that you bought the smartphone.
- Loss or theft claims without a crime report. You’ll need to provide a crime reference number with all loss and theft claims.
Make sure you check your insurer’s terms and conditions for a full list of scenarios where you will or won’t be covered.
Am I already covered for my Samsung phone under my home insurance policy?
Some contents insurance policies may cover your Samsung smartphone outside of the house. Still, it’s worth checking what level of cover is offered by your contents insurance. Often, it won’t be as comprehensive as dedicated mobile phone insurance.
What is the difference between Samsung phone insurance and Samsung Care+?
Samsung Care+ is the extended warranty offered by Samsung. It costs between £79 and £159 (depending on the device) for the first 2 years of ownership.
It covers accidental damage, mechanical breakdown and battery replacement. It doesn’t cover loss or theft.
What Samsung phones can be insured?
You’ll find an insurance company willing to insure whatever Samsung phone you own, including the Galaxy S Series, the Galaxy Note Series and the Galaxy A Series.
The bottom line
With most of the new Samsung phones costing an arm and a leg to repair or replace, it’s sensible to consider these costs against the cost of a premium, which will also give you some peace of mind. You’ll get much broader protection than the warranty offers if you opt for mobile phone cover.
Frequently asked questions about Samsung phone insurance
More guides on Finder
Invest in makeup stocks
Want to add highlight to the foundations of your investment portfolio with makeup stocks? Find out how to invest in makeup and the risks.
Business gadget insurance
Find business gadget insurance to cover all your expensive items such as mobile phones and laptops.
Gadget insurance abroad
Find out whether you need gadget insurance for travel and what’s included in the cover, plus tips to keep your devices safe while travelling.
Compare international money transfers
Learn how to compare international money transfer services so you can get the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Modified motorcycle insurance
Find out what type of insurance you need if you’ve made additions or alterations to your motorbike.
Compare the best business credit cards of 2021
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
How to trade Pink Sheet stocks
Find out about Pink Sheet Stocks are, including some examples of Pink Sheet Stocks, the risks involved and how to invest in some.
Learner motorbike insurance
Find out what motorcycle insurance for learner riders includes, what affects the cost of premiums and how you can save money.
Courier van insurance
Find out what van insurance for courier drivers includes, who it’s for and how to save on your policy.
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert