Ford Fiesta insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Ford Fiesta by age and location.
The Ford Fiesta launched way back in 1976 and is one of the most popular family cars of all time, across the world, combining affordability with quality. In this guide, we’ll look at Ford Fiesta car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Ford Fiesta insurance groups
Ford Fiesta models range from insurance groups 2 to 16, so although they’re all very definitely on the more affordable end of the spectrum, the costs do vary quite a bit. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay…
- around £582 for cover on a group 2 Ford Fiesta, like the Style 1.1 Ti-VCT 70PS 5d
- or around £791 for a Ford Fiesta X Edition 1.0T EcoBoost 140PS 5d, which is in group 16.
That’s a difference of more than £200 to insure the same make of car. The insurance group a particular model is placed in depends on a number of different factors, including the car’s price.
However, the insurance group isn’t the only factor determining the cost of your car insurance: one of the most important other factors is your age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance.
That’s why, in the table below, we show you the insurance group for each Ford Fiesta model and also the likely cost at a few different ages.
Ford Fiesta insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
How much does it cost to insure a Ford Fiesta in the UK?
To give you an idea of how much it could cost you to insure your car, we ran a number of quotes to find an average figure. Our results estimated that, on average, you could insure your Ford Fiesta with a comprehensive policy for monthly payments of £63.77 or an annual sum of £688.56.
Ford Fiesta insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Ford Fiesta insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, many other factors affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, and one of the biggest is where you are in the UK. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or that you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance.
To demonstrate the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Zetec 1.5 TDCi 85PS 3d.
- Expensive: £836 (London SE1)
- Average: £700 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £505 (Galashiels TD1)
Which other factors affect my Ford Fiesta insurance rate?
We’ve covered insurance groups, driver age and location. Here are some of the other factors that affect your insurance premium costs:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car (particularly the engine type and capacity)
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No-claims discount
Car insurance premiums are very personalised. Want even more specifics? Check out our guide to how car insurance premiums are calculated. The key is to get the right cover level, plus good service at the cheapest price.
How can I save on insurance premiums for my Ford Fiesta?
When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. We’ve uncovered some tricks you can try to lower the cost of your premium: take a look below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. It might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, but if you’re able to pay annually you can save an average of £97.20 a year.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. When it’s time for renewal, it’s worth investing a couple of hours to compare quotes: there may be cheaper options out there.
- Shop around. The best way to find the best deal is to research a whole bunch of policy options with different providers. It’s worth looking into all levels of cover at this stage as one provider’s comprehensive policy could be cheaper than another’s third party.
- Research tailored policies. If you decide you need a more tailored policy for your personal circumstances, start looking into more specialised cover like temporary or telematics insurance.
- Consider any optional extras. Think about any optional extras you can drop or add to suit your needs.
- Balance your need against the policy price. There’s no such thing as the perfect policy, so your best bet is to strike a good balance between a decent price and a policy that suits all your needs.
So how do I compare car insurance quotes?
How safe is the Ford Fiesta?
Ford Fiestas were awarded a 5/5 safety rating by Euro NCAP when tested in 2017. They tested well for crash protection, and are well equipped with crash avoidance technology. Impressively, this car scored 87% for adult occupant safety, and 84% for child occupants.
Ford Fiestas come with an array of technology designed specifically to keep you and your car protected. As standard, Fiestas are made with airbags for the driver and front passenger, as well as front and back curtain airbags. These vehicles are also made from boron steel – which is 4 times stronger than normal steel!
Other features range from rear parking sensors to ABS and traction control to help your tires get to (better) grips with the road. ESC, or electronic stability control, monitors your car’s behaviour to keep you safe on the road, whilst Electronic Brake Distribution helps to stop your rear wheels from locking by balancing brake force when you have to stop in a hurry. Brake Assist helps you stop more quickly. Ask your insurer which safety features could result in lower premiums.
Ford Fiestas are one of the most popular cars on the road. You’ll pay less than average in insurance costs if you opt for this car, and the tips in this guide will help you to reduce your premiums even further. If you’re on the lookout for a car insurance provider, check out our comprehensive list of the best car insurance companies in the UK.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Ford models
More guides on Finder
Ford C-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford C-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford B-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford B-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford S-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford S-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Puma insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Puma falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ka insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Ford Ka and how to save on your car insurance premiums.