Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Triumph motorcycle insurance rates
Triumphs are on the cheaper end to insure due to low theft rates and safety discounts
How much does motorcycle insurance cost for a Triumph?
On average, motorcycle policies cost $100 to $1,000 per year. Insurance for a mid-priced Triumph can range from $80 to $400 a year or more, which could be cheaper than insurance for other bikes. But if you opt for Triumph’s most expensive model — the Tiger 1200, with a base price of $16,500 — expect a higher premium.
How to compare insurance for a Triumph
Many variables affect the cost of insuring your Triumph, including the MRSP. Depending on your bike’s configuration, the purchase price can range from $9,300 to over $20,000. Because of Triumph’s relatively affordable price, the cost of insurance will be less than a BMW HP4 Race, for example.
The cost of your Triumph’s insurance will also be affected by:
- Customization. Spending money tricking out your bike may translate to spending more on insurance.
- Safety features. You could qualify for a discount if your bike is equipped with Triumph’s integrated braking system, which applies a percentage of rear brake when the front brakes are applied.
- Safety ratings. A Triumph model with strong safety ratings will also reduce your premium.
- Theft rates. The Triumph has a low theft rate, so you can expect lower rates.
- Engine size. Triumph’s engine cylinder capacity is over 1000 cc, which could make for more expensive coverage.
- Storage. Triumphs that are stored in a safe and secure location will earn lower premiums.
- Warranty. Triumph’s 24-month, unlimited mile warranty does not come with towing. You’ll need to add roadside assistance through your insurance if you want towing coverage.
Triumph car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
|Triumph factory custom||$132||$21500|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Triumph
The cost of insuring your Triumph could range from $80 to $400 annually. Its low MSRP and theft rate contribute to a lower premium. But with a high engine capacity, you could see higher rates. Shopping around to find the right insurance provider will get you the best deal.
Frequently asked questions about insuring a Triumph
Read more on this topic
Compare motorcycle insurance in Arizona See why riders pay $150 above the US average for insurance, despite Arizona’s low minimum requirements.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Georgia Motorcycle crashes and major cities could weigh into your premium in Georgia.
Compare motorcycle insurance in North Carolina North Carolina may have high motorcycle insurance requirements, but premiums hover slightly above the national average.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania sticks to the US average for bike insurance with many quality companies to choose from.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Massachusetts Bike insurance costs a bit more than the national average, but packed cities may skew this number.
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.
Ask an Expert