Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Triumph motorcycle insurance rates
Triumphs are on the cheaper end to insure due to low theft rates and safety discounts
How much does motorcycle insurance cost for a Triumph?
On average, motorcycle policies cost $100 to $1,000 per year. Insurance for a mid-priced Triumph can range from $80 to $400 a year or more, which could be cheaper than insurance for other bikes. But if you opt for Triumph’s most expensive model — the Tiger 1200, with a base price of $16,500 — expect a higher premium.
How to compare insurance for a Triumph
Many variables affect the cost of insuring your Triumph, including the MRSP. Depending on your bike’s configuration, the purchase price can range from $9,300 to over $20,000. Because of Triumph’s relatively affordable price, the cost of insurance will be less than a BMW HP4 Race, for example.
The cost of your Triumph’s insurance will also be affected by:
- Customization. Spending money tricking out your bike may translate to spending more on insurance.
- Safety features. You could qualify for a discount if your bike is equipped with Triumph’s integrated braking system, which applies a percentage of rear brake when the front brakes are applied.
- Safety ratings. A Triumph model with strong safety ratings will also reduce your premium.
- Theft rates. The Triumph has a low theft rate, so you can expect lower rates.
- Engine size. Triumph’s engine cylinder capacity is over 1000 cc, which could make for more expensive coverage.
- Storage. Triumphs that are stored in a safe and secure location will earn lower premiums.
- Warranty. Triumph’s 24-month, unlimited mile warranty does not come with towing. You’ll need to add roadside assistance through your insurance if you want towing coverage.
Triumph car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
|Triumph factory custom||$132||$21500|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Triumph
The cost of insuring your Triumph could range from $80 to $400 annually. Its low MSRP and theft rate contribute to a lower premium. But with a high engine capacity, you could see higher rates. Shopping around to find the right insurance provider will get you the best deal.
Frequently asked questions about insuring a Triumph
More guides on Finder
Learn how this online crowdfunding investing platform lets you invest in small businesses throughout the country.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
How much does pet insurance cost for cats?
Discover insurance costs for your cat’s specific breed, based on the 40 breeds we analyzed.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Heacock Classic car insurance review December 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Say car insurance review Dec 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
How much does pet insurance cost for different dog breeds?
Track down your dog’s insurance cost and learn which characteristics play into your pup’s health risks.
Does home or renters insurance cover eviction?
Learn what your policy covers and how eviction affects your insurance.
Ask an Expert