Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Triumph motorcycle insurance rates
Triumphs are on the cheaper end to insure due to low theft rates and safety discounts
How much does motorcycle insurance cost for a Triumph?
On average, motorcycle policies cost $100 to $1,000 per year. Insurance for a mid-priced Triumph can range from $80 to $400 a year or more, which could be cheaper than insurance for other bikes. But if you opt for Triumph’s most expensive model — the Tiger 1200, with a base price of $16,500 — expect a higher premium.
How to compare insurance for a Triumph
Many variables affect the cost of insuring your Triumph, including the MRSP. Depending on your bike’s configuration, the purchase price can range from $9,300 to over $20,000. Because of Triumph’s relatively affordable price, the cost of insurance will be less than a BMW HP4 Race, for example.
The cost of your Triumph’s insurance will also be affected by:
- Customization. Spending money tricking out your bike may translate to spending more on insurance.
- Safety features. You could qualify for a discount if your bike is equipped with Triumph’s integrated braking system, which applies a percentage of rear brake when the front brakes are applied.
- Safety ratings. A Triumph model with strong safety ratings will also reduce your premium.
- Theft rates. The Triumph has a low theft rate, so you can expect lower rates.
- Engine size. Triumph’s engine cylinder capacity is over 1000 cc, which could make for more expensive coverage.
- Storage. Triumphs that are stored in a safe and secure location will earn lower premiums.
- Warranty. Triumph’s 24-month, unlimited mile warranty does not come with towing. You’ll need to add roadside assistance through your insurance if you want towing coverage.
Triumph car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
|Triumph factory custom||$132||$21500|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Triumph
The cost of insuring your Triumph could range from $80 to $400 annually. Its low MSRP and theft rate contribute to a lower premium. But with a high engine capacity, you could see higher rates. Shopping around to find the right insurance provider will get you the best deal.
Frequently asked questions about insuring a Triumph
More guides on Finder
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Guardian vision insurance review Apr 2021
Get a generous allowance to put towards contact lenses or frames with this plan.
Guardian dental insurance review 2021
This insurer has four dental plans to choose from — compare costs and features now.
CIT Savings Connect account review
CIT Savings Connect combines aspects of a checking and savings account in one product.
What is health insurance cost sharing?
Learn cost-sharing terms to find out how much you’ll really pay for healthcare.
Capital One savings account interest rates for 2021
See how much interest you could earn with a savings account from Capital One.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Combined life insurance review April 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
How much is Medicare in 2021?
Compare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance for every Medicare plan in 2021.
Original Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage
Compare the costs, coverage and eligibility of these two popular plans.
Ask an Expert