Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance rates
Compare premiums for your Street Rod, Fat Boy or touring CVO.
Insurance rates for your Harley depends on various factors like how frequently you drive it, your driving record and where you live. The average cost of motorcycles range from about $280 and $870 annually. But with the high cost of some Harleys, you could pay more.
How to compare insurance for Harleys
Insurance providers take many factors into consideration when pricing motorcycle insurance, including:
- Theft rates. Harley Davidsons are in the top five for most stolen bikes, so this could affect your rates.
- MSRP. You can pay anywhere from $6,900 to $44,000 for a new Harley. The more you pay, the higher your rate will be.
- Deductible. Raising your deductible will help to lower your monthly insurance payment. But make sure you can still afford that higher deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Coverage options. Make sure you’re not paying for any unnecessary coverage.
- Discounts. Look out for discounts you can take advantage of like multi-cycle and safe rider. If you’ve taken an H-D Riding Academy New Rider Course, you’ll likely save money on your insurance.
- Membership discounts. Membership in riding groups like Harley Owners Group can get you a discount with many insurance providers.
- Warranty. Harley provides a 24-month unlimited mileage warranty for its bikes. But it doesn’t include towing, so consider roadside assistance when purchasing your motorcycle insurance.
- Engine size. Bikes with larger engines can push up the cost of insurance. Harley engines range from 450 ccs to 1900 ccs.
- Storage. Storing your Harley in a safe and secure location can get you a discount.
- Lay-up insurance. Keep your Harley covered against theft or damage while its garaged for the winter.
Harley Davidson car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base motorcycle price|
Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.)
For an annual fee between $29 and $49 H.O.G. members get access to discounts on Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance, as well as information on organized rides and rallies. Full members get free roadside assistance, and it comes free when you purchase a brand-new Harley.
Get motorcycle insurance for your Harley Davidson
When looking to insure your Harley, you’ve got plenty of choices. Comparing your options while searching for insurance is the best way to find a great price.
Frequently asked questions about Harley
Read more on this topic
Compare motorcycle insurance in Arizona See why riders pay $150 above the US average for insurance, despite Arizona’s low minimum requirements.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Georgia Motorcycle crashes and major cities could weigh into your premium in Georgia.
Compare motorcycle insurance in North Carolina North Carolina may have high motorcycle insurance requirements, but premiums hover slightly above the national average.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania sticks to the US average for bike insurance with many quality companies to choose from.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Massachusetts Bike insurance costs a bit more than the national average, but packed cities may skew this number.
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.
Ask an Expert