Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance rates
Compare premiums for your Street Rod, Fat Boy or touring CVO.
Insurance rates for your Harley depends on various factors like how frequently you drive it, your driving record and where you live. The average cost of motorcycles range from about $280 and $870 annually. But with the high cost of some Harleys, you could pay more.
How to compare insurance for Harleys
Insurance providers take many factors into consideration when pricing motorcycle insurance, including:
- Theft rates. Harley Davidsons are in the top five for most stolen bikes, so this could affect your rates.
- MSRP. You can pay anywhere from $6,900 to $44,000 for a new Harley. The more you pay, the higher your rate will be.
- Deductible. Raising your deductible will help to lower your monthly insurance payment. But make sure you can still afford that higher deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Coverage options. Make sure you’re not paying for any unnecessary coverage.
- Discounts. Look out for discounts you can take advantage of like multi-cycle and safe rider. If you’ve taken an H-D Riding Academy New Rider Course, you’ll likely save money on your insurance.
- Membership discounts. Membership in riding groups like Harley Owners Group can get you a discount with many insurance providers.
- Warranty. Harley provides a 24-month unlimited mileage warranty for its bikes. But it doesn’t include towing, so consider roadside assistance when purchasing your motorcycle insurance.
- Engine size. Bikes with larger engines can push up the cost of insurance. Harley engines range from 450 ccs to 1900 ccs.
- Storage. Storing your Harley in a safe and secure location can get you a discount.
- Lay-up insurance. Keep your Harley covered against theft or damage while its garaged for the winter.
Harley Davidson car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base motorcycle price|
Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.)
For an annual fee between $29 and $49 H.O.G. members get access to discounts on Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance, as well as information on organized rides and rallies. Full members get free roadside assistance, and it comes free when you purchase a brand-new Harley.
Get motorcycle insurance for your Harley Davidson
When looking to insure your Harley, you’ve got plenty of choices. Comparing your options while searching for insurance is the best way to find a great price.
Frequently asked questions about Harley
More guides on Finder
Mold removal services
Got a mold problem? Here’s what to know before you hire a professional including where to find one, costs and frequently asked questions.
First Foundation Bank Online Savings Account review
No monthly fees and a competitive APY from this high-yield savings account.
Teladoc review 2020
Find out how this telemedicine app stacks up against its younger competitors.
Compare tuition insurance
If your child gets sick or injured and has to take time away from college, tuition insurance can reimburse you for what you already paid.
Daylight Visa prepaid card review
The first LGBTQ-focused digital banking platform launches with this prepaid card.
Douugh banking review
The Douugh banking app uses AI to optimize your finances, but it lacks key features.
Do I qualify for unemployment?
Get the financial help you need as you search for a new job.
Carpet cleaning services
Looking for a professional carpet cleaning service to remove stains and revive your carpet? Read our guide and learn how to find a reliable service.
Rug cleaning services
Find a professional that can sanitize your rugs and eliminate dirt, dust and allergens. Learn what rugs you should steam clean, dry clean and handwash.
Save Market Savings account Review
With this savings account, you can invest your interest in the stock market for an average 3.13% return. Learn more here.
Ask an Expert