We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance rates
Compare premiums for your Street Rod, Fat Boy or touring CVO.
Insurance rates for your Harley depends on various factors like how frequently you drive it, your driving record and where you live. The average cost of motorcycles range from about $280 and $870 annually. But with the high cost of some Harleys, you could pay more.
Top Harley-Davidson models
Get motorcycle insurance for your Harley Davidson
How to compare insurance for Harleys
Insurance providers take many factors into consideration when pricing motorcycle insurance, including:
- Theft rates. Harley Davidsons are in the top five for most stolen bikes, so this could affect your rates.
- MSRP. You can pay anywhere from $6,900 to $44,000 for a new Harley. The more you pay, the higher your rate will be.
- Deductible. Raising your deductible will help to lower your monthly insurance payment. But make sure you can still afford that higher deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Coverage options. Make sure you’re not paying for any unnecessary coverage.
- Discounts. Look out for discounts you can take advantage of like multi-cycle and safe rider. If you’ve taken an H-D Riding Academy New Rider Course, you’ll likely save money on your insurance.
- Membership discounts. Membership in riding groups like Harley Owners Group can get you a discount with many insurance providers.
- Warranty. Harley provides a 24-month unlimited mileage warranty for its bikes. But it doesn’t include towing, so consider roadside assistance when purchasing your motorcycle insurance.
- Engine size. Bikes with larger engines can push up the cost of insurance. Harley engines range from 450 ccs to 1900 ccs.
- Storage. Storing your Harley in a safe and secure location can get you a discount.
- Lay-up insurance. Keep your Harley covered against theft or damage while its garaged for the winter.
Harley Davidson car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base motorcycle price|
Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.)
For an annual fee between $29 and $49 H.O.G. members get access to discounts on Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance, as well as information on organized rides and rallies. Full members get free roadside assistance, and it comes free when you purchase a brand-new Harley.
When looking to insure your Harley, you’ve got plenty of choices. Comparing your options while searching for insurance is the best way to find a great price.
Frequently asked questions about Harley
Read more on this topic
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.
Temporary motorcycle insurance Navigate which type of temporary insurance you need for your bike and how to start the policy.
Motorcycle insurance vs. car insurance The difference goes beyond covering an extra pair of wheels.
Does motorcycle insurance cover a borrowed bike? Your policy might offer protection, but the damage covered varies by provider.
Illinois moped laws & insurance requirements You’ll need the same insurance as motorcycles, but double-check licensing and headlight visibility rules.
How to insure a motorcycle with a salvage title Salvage your bike’s roadworthy reputation with a safety-focused rebuild and rebuilt title, then get insurance.
Ask an Expert