Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance rates
Compare premiums for your Street Rod, Fat Boy or touring CVO.
Insurance rates for your Harley depends on various factors like how frequently you drive it, your driving record and where you live. The average cost of motorcycles range from about $280 and $870 annually. But with the high cost of some Harleys, you could pay more.
How to compare insurance for Harleys
Insurance providers take many factors into consideration when pricing motorcycle insurance, including:
- Theft rates. Harley Davidsons are in the top five for most stolen bikes, so this could affect your rates.
- MSRP. You can pay anywhere from $6,900 to $44,000 for a new Harley. The more you pay, the higher your rate will be.
- Deductible. Raising your deductible will help to lower your monthly insurance payment. But make sure you can still afford that higher deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Coverage options. Make sure you’re not paying for any unnecessary coverage.
- Discounts. Look out for discounts you can take advantage of like multi-cycle and safe rider. If you’ve taken an H-D Riding Academy New Rider Course, you’ll likely save money on your insurance.
- Membership discounts. Membership in riding groups like Harley Owners Group can get you a discount with many insurance providers.
- Warranty. Harley provides a 24-month unlimited mileage warranty for its bikes. But it doesn’t include towing, so consider roadside assistance when purchasing your motorcycle insurance.
- Engine size. Bikes with larger engines can push up the cost of insurance. Harley engines range from 450 ccs to 1900 ccs.
- Storage. Storing your Harley in a safe and secure location can get you a discount.
- Lay-up insurance. Keep your Harley covered against theft or damage while its garaged for the winter.
Harley Davidson car insurance rates by model.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base motorcycle price|
Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.)
For an annual fee between $29 and $49 H.O.G. members get access to discounts on Harley-Davidson motorcycle insurance, as well as information on organized rides and rallies. Full members get free roadside assistance, and it comes free when you purchase a brand-new Harley.
Get motorcycle insurance for your Harley Davidson
When looking to insure your Harley, you’ve got plenty of choices. Comparing your options while searching for insurance is the best way to find a great price.
Frequently asked questions about Harley
More guides on Finder
Guardian dental insurance review 2021
This insurer has four dental plans to choose from — compare costs and features now.
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Phosphorus COVID-19 test kit review
This saliva test costs $49 with insurance — and that includes a consult with a doctor.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Combined life insurance review March 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Help your child learn to spend and save wisely with a virtual, COPPA-compliant debit card.
How can you use your health savings account (HSA) as a retirement investment?
A health savings account (HSA) can help you get prepared for your retirement. Learn more.
Wagmo pet insurance review Mar 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
Original Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage
Compare the costs, coverage and eligibility of these two popular plans.
Compare home renovation insurance
Transform your home without leaving insurance gaps while your home’s under construction.
Ask an Expert