We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Ducati motorcycle insurance rates
This high-performance sports bike could cost more to insure.
This Italian-made brand has high theft rates and is used mostly for racing, making it a more expensive bike brand to insure. With MSRPs from $9,000 to as high as $40,000, your insurance premium will vary depending on factors like price, model, where you live and your driving profile.
Ducati motorcycle models
Get motorcycle insurance for your Ducati
How to compare insurance for Ducati motorcycles
Most Ducati models are made for high-performance racing, so expect to pay more for coverage. However, you may find better deals with specialty insurance that can provide more curated coverage. When deciding on insurance, consider:
- Deductibles. With expensive, foreign parts, Ducatis could cost more to repair after a crash. Make sure you can afford the deductible and the monthly payments.
- Minimum coverage. The state you live in determines what coverage is mandatory, but most states require liability and personal injury protection (PIP) to cover injuries after a crash. Underinsured coverage might not be necessary for a cheap bike that’s well within your state’s minimum coverage.
- Additional coverage. Most Ducatis are meant to be driven fast and have high theft rates. Consider adding comprehensive and collision to your policy.
- Lay-up insurance. If you plan on storing your Ducati in the off season, lay-up insurance could save you some money while keeping your bike covered for theft or damage while it’s stored.
- Discounts. You could save for safety equipment on your Ducati, such as ABS or driver assist technology.
- Warranty. Most Ducatis come with a two-year transferable warranty, with three regular service visits, original spare parts and roadside assistance included. That means no need to add towing to your insurance policy for new bikes. Its Ever Red program offers up to three more years of coverage with unlimited mileage.
Ducati car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
Ducati leads the market for high-performance racing bikes. But with great speed comes great responsibility, so you’ll likely pay more for insurance. A specialty insurance provider could find you a better deal, or look for discounts that take into account your driving history, how often you pay and how much you drive. Compare motorcycle insurers to find the best insurance for you.