Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Ducati motorcycle insurance rates
This high-performance sports bike could cost more to insure.
This Italian-made brand has high theft rates and is used mostly for racing, making it a more expensive bike brand to insure. With MSRPs from $9,000 to as high as $40,000, your insurance premium will vary depending on factors like price, model, where you live and your driving profile.
How to compare insurance for Ducati motorcycles
Most Ducati models are made for high-performance racing, so expect to pay more for coverage. However, you may find better deals with specialty insurance that can provide more curated coverage. When deciding on insurance, consider:
- Deductibles. With expensive, foreign parts, Ducatis could cost more to repair after a crash. Make sure you can afford the deductible and the monthly payments.
- Minimum coverage. The state you live in determines what coverage is mandatory, but most states require liability and personal injury protection (PIP) to cover injuries after a crash. Underinsured coverage might not be necessary for a cheap bike that’s well within your state’s minimum coverage.
- Additional coverage. Most Ducatis are meant to be driven fast and have high theft rates. Consider adding comprehensive and collision to your policy.
- Lay-up insurance. If you plan on storing your Ducati in the off season, lay-up insurance could save you some money while keeping your bike covered for theft or damage while it’s stored.
- Discounts. You could save for safety equipment on your Ducati, such as ABS or driver assist technology.
- Warranty. Most Ducatis come with a two-year transferable warranty, with three regular service visits, original spare parts and roadside assistance included. That means no need to add towing to your insurance policy for new bikes. Its Ever Red program offers up to three more years of coverage with unlimited mileage.
Ducati car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Ducati
Ducati leads the market for high-performance racing bikes. But with great speed comes great responsibility, so you’ll likely pay more for insurance. A specialty insurance provider could find you a better deal, or look for discounts that take into account your driving history, how often you pay and how much you drive. Compare motorcycle insurers to find the best insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions about Ducati bike insurance
More guides on Finder
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Compare life insurance wellness programs
Get an incentive to meet your existing health and fitness goals with a discounted premium.
Compare life insurance for major organ transplant
Learn your policy options based on the type of transplant and your health status now.
Wagmo pet insurance review May 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
Compare living benefits riders for life insurance
Use your death benefits to help pay for medical expenses while you’re still alive.
Compare life insurance for occupationally acquired HIV
A no-exam policy may work best, but shop around if you’re in good health otherwise.
Best debt consolidation loans of May 2021
Compare 6 lenders to find one that’s a good fit for your needs.
Disability insurance for business owners
Getting a policy can be complicated, but it offers protection for you and your employees.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?