Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy FLOKI (FLOKI)
Learn how to buy FLOKI (FLOKI) in our step-by-step guide.
FLOKI (FLOKI) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $262,657,313.
FLOKI is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today FLOKI is trading for $0.00002636, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.0000270462. FLOKI's seen an increase of 236% over the past year.
So before you buy FLOKI, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy FLOKI.
How to buy FLOKI in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy FLOKI is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy FLOKIYou can now exchange your funds for FLOKI. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your FLOKI to your personal wallet.
Where to buy FLOKI
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade FLOKI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this FLOKI guide up-to-date
- FLOKI price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- FLOKI performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy FLOKI?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy FLOKI?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading FLOKI.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing FLOKI with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy FLOKI?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy FLOKI with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy FLOKI:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase FLOKI by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for FLOKI on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy FLOKI?
The easiest way to buy FLOKI is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best FLOKI wallets to store your FLOKI
You can keep your FLOKI on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your FLOKI below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is FLOKI a good investment?
Floki remains a popular choice crypto among memecoin enthusiasts. It started 2023 well, with significant gains and a major exchange listing on KuCoin. The development team has also announced that staking will be released soon.
That said, there are many competitor memecoins in what could be argued is an oversaturated market. Here are some things to consider before investing in FLOKI:
- Project utility. Although it is a popular token, some may argue that Floki doesn't have the utility or real-world use cases that many major cryptos boast. The project’s Github is regularly updated, and milestones such as the Valhalla game have been released – both positives. However, development advancements for 2023 include photos of Elon Musk's dog titled 'Floki is the CEO of Twitter', which could be interpreted as a questionable community update.
- Anonymous team. The team behind Floki have chosen to remain anonymous, using pseudonyms rather than their real names. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, and other successful projects have unknown developers, it does make it hard to verify their expertise and background.
- Competitor projects. Floki is just one of many memecoins in the market. While competitors, including Shiba Inu and Dogecoin, remain multi-billion dollar projects, they have been around longer than Floki, have more established communities and are listed on larger exchanges – Floki may be considered the ‘underdog’ of memecoins.
Today's FLOKI price versus ATH
Compare today's price of FLOKI ($0.00002636 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $0.00033651 on November 04, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer FLOKI is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell FLOKI?You can convert or sell your FLOKI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have FLOKI on.
- If you store your FLOKI in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of FLOKI you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of FLOKI.
- Complete your transaction and move your FLOKI to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy DRAC (Ordinals) (DRAC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy DRAC (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on DRAC.
How to buy VMPX (VMPX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy VMPX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VMPX.
How to buy BANK (Ordinals) (BANK)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BANK (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BANK.
How to buy ZBIT (Ordinals) (ZBIT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZBIT (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZBIT.
How to buy WHEE (WHEE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy WHEE, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on WHEE.
How to buy PIZA (Ordinals) (PIZA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PIZA (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PIZA.
How to buy BISO (BISO)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BISO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BISO.
How to buy PEPE (Ordinals) (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PEPE (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy ALEX Lab (ALEX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ALEX Lab, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALEX.
How to buy NALS (NALS)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy NALS, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NALS.