Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Alternative exchanges and sites like KuCoin
Find alternatives offering minimal verification, in-house coins and a variety of crypto.
When you want to get start trading crypto right away, you could be held back by exchanges that require a lot of personal information to simply create an account.
Based in Hong Kong, KuCoin is a newer unregulated exchange offering nearly instantaneous trading with only an email address. Other features that can help the new or advanced trader:
- Huge selection of cryptocurrencies paired with bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo and more.
- Early adoption of new tokens, allowing you to get in early.
- Crypto-to-crypto exchanges only, including USDT.
- Low 0.1% trading fee and a reward program based on in-house KCS token.
KuCoin doesn’t require the verification levels you’ll find with other exchanges, and it typically offers monthly promotions and signup bonuses that can help you save a pretty coin.
Sites offering the KuCoin experience
With a rise in exchanges, you’ll find others that offer the ease of KuCoin, including easy signup and trades with minimal verification. Use our table below to weigh payment types, fiat support and more to find an exchange that works best for your needs.
Where else can I find KuCoin features?
If you’re looking to skip a lengthy verification process, access a wide range of cryptocurrencies and take advantage of an in-house token, KuCoin has a lot to offer. Focused on marketing its services, you’ll find incentives that range from signup bonuses to fee sharing by using its in-house KCS coin.
Where else can I create an account with just an email address?
Many exchanges today require you to verify your identity before creating an account. While there’s good reason for that process, it isn’t always ideal when you want to get started right away.
HitBTC is one alternative that’s similar to KuCoin, offering:
- Quick and easy account signup with only an email address.
- A diverse selection of cryptocurrencies pairs that include BTC, LTC, ETH and 50+ more.
- Friendly enough for beginners with tools for the advanced trader.
Learn more about HitBTC — including how to create an account.
If you haven’t found quite what you’re looking for, learn about many alternatives to KuCoin based on your needs:
- Want to trade with fiat currency? Learn where to buy with almost any fiat currency — from USD to zloty.
- Looking for a specific coin? Search for an exchange supporting the coin you’re looking for.
- Want a variety of options? Get a wider look at a list of available crypto exchanges.
Why you might want to avoid KuCoin
- You want to buy cryptocurrency with fiat. If you’re looking for an exchange that makes it easy to link your bank account and buy some bitcoin, KuCoin is not the best option. KuCoin is a crypto-only exchange.
- Volume. KuCoin does offer a very large selection of cryptocurrencies, but trading volume is not always great. Depending on the currency you want to buy or sell, it can take a long time for orders to be filled.
- Customer support. KuCoin is a newer exchange and some aspects are still under development. Some users have reported difficulty communicating with KuCoin’s customer support.
- Lack of regulation. You can create an account and start trading on KuCoin using just an email address, which is great for those who want to get started quickly without giving out a lot of personal information. On the other hand, China-based KuCoin is not necessarily accountable to the same regulatory policies that govern US-based exchanges.
Launched as recently as September 2017, KuCoin is rapidly becoming a more popular exchange. It is easy to navigate, has an intuitive user interface, reasonable 0.1% fees, and offers a huge selection of cryptocurrencies. KuCoin doesn’t have the same volume as some larger exchanges, but considering it has only been around for a few months it seems likely that this may change over time.
More guides on Finder
Finder’s 2021 Bitcoin Predictions Report
58% of panelists expect the Bitcoin bull run to last until at least the second half of 2021.
Thorchain (RUNE): How it works and where to buy it
Learn more about the RUNE cryptocurrency with this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Review: Paybis cryptocurrency exchange
Your detailed review of the Paybis cryptocurrency exchange, including supported cryptos, registration, fees and payment methods.
Top cryptocurrency exchanges methodology
Finder’s methodology for best cryptocurrency exchanges on the US market in terms of speed, ease of use and cost-effectiveness.
CryptoTrader.Tax review: Automatic cryptocurrency tax reports
Learn more about CryptoTrader.Tax for automatic crypto tax reports.
eToro USA cryptocurrency trading review
Learn more about trading cryptocurrencies on eToro USA by reading the full review.
Binance.US cryptocurrency exchange review
Learn more about Binance.US, the American arm of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange.
CryptoTax portfolio tracker and tax app review
Learn more about CryptoTax, a cryptocurrency tax calculator that generates tax reports for you.
Review: Zebpay cryptocurrency exchange
Read the Zebpay review to find out how to use the app and what to watch out for.
Ask an Expert