Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Alternative exchanges and sites like KuCoin
Find alternatives offering minimal verification, in-house coins and a variety of crypto.
When you want to get start trading crypto right away, you could be held back by exchanges that require a lot of personal information to simply create an account.
Based in Hong Kong, KuCoin is a newer unregulated exchange offering nearly instantaneous trading with only an email address. Other features that can help the new or advanced trader:
- Huge selection of cryptocurrencies paired with bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo and more.
- Early adoption of new tokens, allowing you to get in early.
- Crypto-to-crypto exchanges only, including USDT.
- Low 0.1% trading fee and a reward program based on in-house KCS token.
KuCoin doesn’t require the verification levels you’ll find with other exchanges, and it typically offers monthly promotions and signup bonuses that can help you save a pretty coin.
Sites offering the KuCoin experience
With a rise in exchanges, you’ll find others that offer the ease of KuCoin, including easy signup and trades with minimal verification. Use our table below to weigh payment types, fiat support and more to find an exchange that works best for your needs.
Where else can I find KuCoin features?
If you’re looking to skip a lengthy verification process, access a wide range of cryptocurrencies and take advantage of an in-house token, KuCoin has a lot to offer. Focused on marketing its services, you’ll find incentives that range from signup bonuses to fee sharing by using its in-house KCS coin.
Where else can I create an account with just an email address?
Many exchanges today require you to verify your identity before creating an account. While there’s good reason for that process, it isn’t always ideal when you want to get started right away.
HitBTC is one alternative that’s similar to KuCoin, offering:
- Quick and easy account signup with only an email address.
- A diverse selection of cryptocurrencies pairs that include BTC, LTC, ETH and 50+ more.
- Friendly enough for beginners with tools for the advanced trader.
Learn more about HitBTC — including how to create an account.
If you haven’t found quite what you’re looking for, learn about many alternatives to KuCoin based on your needs:
- Want to trade with fiat currency? Learn where to buy with almost any fiat currency — from USD to zloty.
- Looking for a specific coin? Search for an exchange supporting the coin you’re looking for.
- Want a variety of options? Get a wider look at a list of available crypto exchanges.
Why you might want to avoid KuCoin
- You want to buy cryptocurrency with fiat. If you’re looking for an exchange that makes it easy to link your bank account and buy some bitcoin, KuCoin is not the best option. KuCoin is a crypto-only exchange.
- Volume. KuCoin does offer a very large selection of cryptocurrencies, but trading volume is not always great. Depending on the currency you want to buy or sell, it can take a long time for orders to be filled.
- Customer support. KuCoin is a newer exchange and some aspects are still under development. Some users have reported difficulty communicating with KuCoin’s customer support.
- Lack of regulation. You can create an account and start trading on KuCoin using just an email address, which is great for those who want to get started quickly without giving out a lot of personal information. On the other hand, China-based KuCoin is not necessarily accountable to the same regulatory policies that govern US-based exchanges.
Launched as recently as September 2017, KuCoin is rapidly becoming a more popular exchange. It is easy to navigate, has an intuitive user interface, reasonable 0.1% fees, and offers a huge selection of cryptocurrencies. KuCoin doesn’t have the same volume as some larger exchanges, but considering it has only been around for a few months it seems likely that this may change over time.
More guides on Finder
eBay NFTs review and guide
A deep dive into eBay’s foray into the NFT ecosystem, looking at everything from available categories to potential drawbacks.
Binance NFT Marketplace Review and Guide
The Binance NFT Marketplace offers one of the safest NFT marketplaces for creating, buying and selling NFTs.
How to buy Solana (SOL) in 5 steps
Learn how to buy Solana (SOL) with this step-by-step guide and compare various supported cryptocurrency exchanges.
How to sell Solana in 4 steps
Learn how to easily sell Solana (SOL) by following our step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges. Get started today.
Review: Celsius Network cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform
An in-depth review of one of the most popular lending and interest earning platforms in cryptocurrency.
How to buy Bitcoin (BTC) in the US
Want to buy bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in the US.
Coinbase vs Robinhood
Discover which exchange is better suited to cryptocurrency trading after comparing things like fees, security and features.
Gemini vs Coinbase
We compare these two large cryptocurrency exchanges to see how their fees, features and customer support stack up.
How to buy Dogecoin (DOGE) in 3 steps
This guide explores how to buy and sell Dogecoin on an exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro
We compare Coinbase and Coinbase Pro side-by-side so you can see the differences in fees, features, supported cryptocurrencies and more.
Ask an Expert