If you’ve just discovered the world of cryptocurrency, you’ve probably already realized an important truth: crypto is complicated.
Whether you’re trying to wrap your head around the blockchain and smart contracts or you’re grappling with the best cryptocurrency trading strategy, every digital currency newcomer faces a steep learning curve. This is where the ever-increasing range of cryptocurrency courses comes in.
There are now lots of courses available that cover a wide variety of topics, so keep reading to find out how to choose a course that’s right for you.
Disclaimer: This information is not financial advice or an endorsement of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and high risk. Do your own research and seek financial advice before buying. Please check with providers if their services are available in your state.
Compare cryptocurrency courses
In-depth tips and advice on how to trade cryptocurrency.
With courses covering everything from buying cryptocurrency to performing technical analysis, TraderCobb provides trading strategies to boost your crypto returns. Courses are delivered via streaming video and can be accessed whenever you like.
- Presented by Craig Cobb, host of the TraderCobb Crypto Podcast
- Courses cover everything from buying your first bitcoin to advanced trading
- Choose an individual course or buy a monthly subscription
- 10-day money-back guarantee
Go to TraderCobb website
View coupon codes for TraderCobb
Choose from hundreds of courses on everything from blockchain basics to high-level trading strategies.
Udemy is an online education platform with hundreds of courses covering many different aspects of blockchain and crypto. It offers courses on blockchain technology, individual cryptocurrencies, trading strategies, ICOs, wallet security and more.
- Lifetime access to course content
- Courses to suit traders of all levels
- Mobile apps let you access course content from Android and iOS devices
- Every course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
Go to Udemy website
View coupon codes for Udemy
Online blockchain training courses to suit beginners and experts.
With a mission to share and grow the knowledge around blockchain technology, Blockgeeks offers over 30 courses and workshops tackling the technical side of blockchain and crypto. Courses are delivered via high-quality video and taught by industry experts.
- Unlimited course access
- 30+ courses and workshops and 500 lessons to choose from
- Learn on your computer, tablet or mobile device
- No lock-in contract – cancel at any time
- 7-day free trial
Go to Blockgeeks website
View coupon codes for Blockgeeks
4. Blockchain Collective
Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain: Get formally blockchain-accredited.
This is the only nationally-recognised blockchain course in Australia, accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA).
It aims to prepare students for real-life blockchain applications in the workforce.
- Get officially blockchain-qualified
- Gain valuable qualifications in a growing, high-demand industry
- Learn through registered training organisations, blended learning and intensive retreats
- Complete 6 core units and choose up to 4 electives to earn your Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain
Go to Blockchain Collective website
View coupon codes for Blockchain Collective
Learn the fundamentals of blockchain technology from the online learning platform that specialises in all things tech.
Founded in 2004, Pluralsight specialises in online video training and teaching the technical aspects of blockchain. Its courses are designed to help you learn about how blockchain works, its use cases and the principles of blockchain development.
- Courses authored by industry experts
- Video-based learning designed to help you keep up with the speed of technology
- Mobile and TV apps so you can learn anywhere, anytime
- Free 10-day trial
Go to Pluralsight website
View coupon codes for Pluralsight
6. The Chart Guys
Teaching technical analysis to help you trade crypto with confidence.
Founded in July 2015, The Chart Guys offers a comprehensive online course designed to help you understand crypto markets and how to analyse trades. Course modules are delivered via video and cover topics ranging from market psychology to how to trade.
- Comprehensive guide to trading strategies
- Technical analysis tips and tools
- Instant access to course content
Go to The Chart Guys website
View coupon codes for The Chart Guys
7. Blockchain Council
Boost your blockchain knowledge with courses developed by crypto experts and enthusiasts.
Blockchain Council offers online courses designed to help you enhance your blockchain knowledge and skills. These courses are self-paced, so you can learn at a speed that suits you, and cover the technical aspects of blockchain tech and development.
- Learn about the key aspects of blockchain technology
- Lifetime access to course content
- Hands-on industry project experience
- 24/7 support
Go to Blockchain Council website
View coupon codes for Blockchain Council
What topics do cryptocurrency courses cover?
Crypto courses can generally be divided into a few categories.
Types of cryptocurrency courses
Crypto training courses are offered by a diverse range of providers. Respected universities in the US and around the world offer courses covering cryptocurrency and blockchain-related topics, but you’ll also find courses from online education providers, investment websites and even specialist cryptocurrency websites.
Most cryptocurrency courses can be completed online, but some providers also offer blockchain-related courses that can be attended in person. Course duration can be quite short, taking five hours or less, while others can stretch over a period of 12 to 15 weeks.
Watch out for scams
The growing interest in cryptocurrency means that there are also plenty of scammers looking to take advantage of unwitting consumers. To avoid dodgy dealers, make sure you thoroughly research any cryptocurrency or blockchain course provider before handing over your details or money.
Find out more about some common crypto scams (and how to avoid them).
How to choose a cryptocurrency course
How can you find a crypto course that meets your needs? Consider the following factors when reviewing and comparing your options:
- What you want to learn and why. Do you want to learn about the technology behind cryptocurrency, or about how to trade digital currencies successfully? Are you thinking of building a career working with blockchain? Do you want to know which cryptocurrencies to buy, or are you just studying to broaden your knowledge and satisfy your curiosity?
- What you hope to achieve. Will the course be for personal or professional use? What outcomes do you want to achieve by completing the course?
- Who is offering the course. Is it offered by an institution or an individual? Are they a respected provider, such as a university? How long have they been in business? Has the course been compiled by experts with a high level of crypto knowledge?
- What’s covered. What topics will you learn about? What details will they cover?
- Length of course. How long will it take you to complete the course? Can you choose your own pace or does it follow a fixed schedule?
- Cost. Does the price of the course represent good value for money? For example, does it cover a sufficient range of information in adequate detail to justify the price tag?
By thoroughly researching each training program, you’ll be ready to make an informed choice about which cryptocurrency course is right for you.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly
volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of
future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information.
You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory
requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may
have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Disclosure: As of September 2018 the author holds ADA, ICX, IOTA, POWR and XLM.