Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
How much does car insurance cost for a Polestar?
Expect to pay $200 to $300 per month or $2,800 to $3,800 annually for your Polestar’s car insurance, depending on which high-dollar model you choose. The Polestar 1 has a triple-digit ticket price, putting it on the highest end for car insurance rates of any car.
Find your Polestar model
Compare car insurance for Polestar models
How to compare insurance for Polestar
Polestar cars focus on luxury and performance, making many of its features more expensive to insure.
- MSRP. This brand’s luxury cars come with a higher ticket price than other makes, including one model that costs triple digits. And car value can drive up insurance rates.
- Country of manufacture. Not many Swedish manufacturers like Polestar are mainstream in the US, so getting car parts might cost extra for repairs.
- Safety features. Polestar uses an impact-absorbing design and advanced driver assistance features to avoid crashes altogether. Consider policies that give lower rates or discounts for driver assistance.
- Driving performance. This brand’s models are made with high-powered performance in mind, and that could make premiums more expensive.
- Maintenance costs. You can expect to pay more to maintain Polestar models because of its technology and exclusive design. You may need a specialist mechanic for some maintenance.
- Theft rates. Theft rates for specialty luxury cars are low, a plus for your insurance company.
- Repair costs. Luxury and electric cars both cost more for repairs because of the expertise needed and car part availability.
- Electric range. Not all Polestar models get a long range, so consider the cost of charging stations if you plan to travel.
Polestar car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Polestar channels its energy toward luxury electric cars, making its models more expensive to insure than most models on the road. Weigh your luxury car insurance options or consider other car makes if you’re deciding which car to buy.
Frequently asked questions about Polestar
More guides on Finder
Combined life insurance review April 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Biden plans another boost for electric car stocks
Biden’s plan to replace the federal fleet with American-made electric vehicles gives another boost to a red-hot sector led by Tesla.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Heacock Classic car insurance review April 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
How much disability insurance do I need?
You won’t be able to replace all of your income with disability insurance, but you can buy enough to cover your biggest monthly bills.