Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Audi Q8 car insurance rates
Compare coverage for this all-new luxury SUV
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Audi Q8 is roomy and wide, but drives quick and smooth like a sports car. Its MSRP is $67,400 and the estimated average monthly cost to insure it is $160. While the Q8 is slightly more expensive than the BMW X5 — a competitor in its class — on average, it still costs less to insure than the Mercedes-Benz GLEs.
Our top pick: Progressive
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare car insurance for your Audi Q8
How do I compare insurance for the Audi Q8?
It’s got a smooth ride, a sleek entertainment system and two rows of seats that make it more family-friendly than other luxury sports cars. Consider a few factors when shopping for insurance.
- Body type. It’s an SUV, which tend to be more expensive to insure than coupes or sedans.
- Fuel. The Q8 gets 17 mpg city and 22 highway, according to government estimates.
- Maintenance. Audi suggests only using Audi genuine parts on your Q8, serviced by a factory-trained technician and specialized tools. While it may be more expensive than going to a regular service provider, those genuine components are backed by Audi’s parts limited warranty for new cars. Plus, Audi dealerships offer complimentary multi-point inspections when you bring in your vehicle.
- Coverage. You may need to look into luxury insurance for your Audi Q8, since it’s more expensive than the average car and typical maximums might not be enough to cover its value.
- Warranty. Audi’s new car limited warranty covers four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, as well as four years of Audi 24-hour roadside assistance.
Does the Audi Q8 qualify for car insurance discounts?
Your best bet at cutting costs is with the Q8’s advanced safety features, which could net you car insurance discounts for having a safe car.
- Advanced airbag protection system
- Electronic stability control
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Rear view camera
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Why is insurance so high for the Audi Q8?
The Q8’s turbocharged V-8 engine delivers 335 horsepower and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in five seconds. Its power and overall price tag make this luxury vehicle pricey to insure because covering the cost of replacement or repairs poses a large risk to the insurer.
How reliable is the Audi Q8?
The Q8 has stellar safety ratings, but it isn’t perfect overall.
- Safety. It’s a 2019 “Top Safety Pick” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) due to “good” overall crashworthiness and “superior” crash avoidance and mitigation. The Q8 is thoroughly designed to protect passengers in the event of an accident.
- Reliability. Based on reviews, overall you can depend on this car to get you from point A to point B. But keep in mind that German engineering requires specialized service, so regular maintenance is essential to keeping this vehicle in tip-top shape.
- Recalls. Overall, Audi’s had its fair share of recalls over the last few years due to improperly installed airbags and pretensioners, as well as faulty brake lights, fuel pumps and inflators. It’s also been dinged for violating the EPA Clean Air Act. There’s one recall on the 2019 Q8 for loose shock absorbers that could impair vehicle steering. Audi has notified owners and will replace any faulty parts for free.
The Audi Q8 is an athletic yet cozy vehicle — a good fit for those who want the feel of luxury without a race car aesthetic. Get the best rates for protecting your car by comparing quotes from different providers.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi Q8
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.