Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Audi Q8 car insurance rates
Compare coverage for this all-new luxury SUV
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Audi Q8 is roomy and wide, but drives quick and smooth like a sports car. Its MSRP is $67,400 and the estimated average monthly cost to insure it is $160. While the Q8 is slightly more expensive than the BMW X5 — a competitor in its class — on average, it still costs less to insure than the Mercedes-Benz GLEs.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Audi Q8
How do I compare insurance for the Audi Q8?
It’s got a smooth ride, a sleek entertainment system and two rows of seats that make it more family-friendly than other luxury sports cars. Consider a few factors when shopping for insurance.
- Body type. It’s an SUV, which tend to be more expensive to insure than coupes or sedans.
- Fuel. The Q8 gets 17 mpg city and 22 highway, according to government estimates.
- Maintenance. Audi suggests only using Audi genuine parts on your Q8, serviced by a factory-trained technician and specialized tools. While it may be more expensive than going to a regular service provider, those genuine components are backed by Audi’s parts limited warranty for new cars. Plus, Audi dealerships offer complimentary multi-point inspections when you bring in your vehicle.
- Coverage. You may need to look into luxury insurance for your Audi Q8, since it’s more expensive than the average car and typical maximums might not be enough to cover its value.
- Warranty. Audi’s new car limited warranty covers four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first, as well as four years of Audi 24-hour roadside assistance.
Does the Audi Q8 qualify for car insurance discounts?
Your best bet at cutting costs is with the Q8’s advanced safety features, which could net you car insurance discounts for having a safe car.
- Advanced airbag protection system
- Electronic stability control
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Rear view camera
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Why is insurance so high for the Audi Q8?
The Q8’s turbocharged V-8 engine delivers 335 horsepower and can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in five seconds. Its power and overall price tag make this luxury vehicle pricey to insure because covering the cost of replacement or repairs poses a large risk to the insurer.
How reliable is the Audi Q8?
The Q8 has stellar safety ratings, but it isn’t perfect overall.
- Safety. It’s a 2019 “Top Safety Pick” by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) due to “good” overall crashworthiness and “superior” crash avoidance and mitigation. The Q8 is thoroughly designed to protect passengers in the event of an accident.
- Reliability. Based on reviews, overall you can depend on this car to get you from point A to point B. But keep in mind that German engineering requires specialized service, so regular maintenance is essential to keeping this vehicle in tip-top shape.
- Recalls. Overall, Audi’s had its fair share of recalls over the last few years due to improperly installed airbags and pretensioners, as well as faulty brake lights, fuel pumps and inflators. It’s also been dinged for violating the EPA Clean Air Act. There’s one recall on the 2019 Q8 for loose shock absorbers that could impair vehicle steering. Audi has notified owners and will replace any faulty parts for free.
The Audi Q8 is an athletic yet cozy vehicle — a good fit for those who want the feel of luxury without a race car aesthetic. Get the best rates for protecting your car by comparing quotes from different providers.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi Q8
More guides on Finder
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Best home insurance for wildfires
Compare costs, coverage and claims for wildfire insurance, plus how to find high-risk home insurance.
Car insurance engine
Get cheap car insurance quotes for you.