We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Audi Q7 insurance rates
Average Audi Q7 insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare insurance providers that cover Audi Q7
Audi Q7 car insurance rates
The $2,364 annual car insurance rate is due to a number of factors. For example, residents of Alabama pay an average of $1,529 per year for auto insurance, whereas Ohio’s average is a much more conservative $926. Your driving history, the vehicle you drive, and your location all influence your insurance rates, making it important to shop around before choosing a policy.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
|A4 ALL ROAD||$132.00||$44,000|
How to compare insurance for the Audi Q7
Auto insurance is a major purchase all drivers make but never hope to use. Shopping for coverage can be frustrating as many providers use vague language to describe policies, making it difficult to compare your options. In order to find the best auto insurance for the Audi Q7, you’ll need to shop around. The best way to do this is to create a sample policy with the coverage you need and using it to compare prices by getting quotes from different providers.
- Price. Once you’ve established what coverage and features you need, you can create a sample policy to accurately compare prices from different providers.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount can directly affect your premiums. Be sure to choose an amount that fits your budget and won’t be an issue if you need to file a claim.
- Minimum coverage. Every state (except New Hampshire and Virginia) have mandatory coverage minimums. Above all else, ensure that your states are met before purchasing a policy.
- Additional coverage. Personal injury protection, medical payments coverage and uninsured motorist coverage are just a few of many additional coverage options available. Be sure to work these into your sample policy to get a more accurate quote.
- Extras. Some providers offer extras like accident forgiveness, no-deductible glass repairs or roadside assistance. If these are important to you, make sure to incorporate them into your quotes.
- Restrictions. Watch out for any coverage restrictions to avoid denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if Audi has any manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts through partnerships with insurance providers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi Q7?
Insurance providers calculate your premiums based on a number of factors that reflect your risk of being in an accident and the cost of paying out claims. While your driving history and location certainly have an effect, the vehicle you drive has an even larger impact. Every vehicle has different safety features, theft rates, repair costs and other variables, which is why your vehicle plays such a large role in the price you pay for auto insurance. Here are a few factors that influence the cost of insurance for an Audi Q7.
- Body type. The Q7 is a midsize SUV, which will usually hold up well in the event of an accident. This could help reduce the cost of insurance.
- Type of car. Audi makes luxury vehicles and the Q7 is no exception. Its classification as a luxury vehicle could increase the cost of insurance due to the price tag and potential cost of repairs.
- Theft. Sedans are the most frequently stolen type of vehicle, which could be why insuring them can be so expensive. Since the Q7 is an SUV, the lower theft rates may help you save on insurance.
- Repairs. Replacement parts and auto shops for the Audi Q7 are very common, meaning the cost of repairs shouldn’t be too expensive. This may lead to lower premiums.
- Safety ratings. The Q7 has a number of effective safety features and strong safety ratings, reducing the risk of harm in the event of an accident. This could translate to lower insurance premiums.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Every vehicle has different features that influence your risk of getting into an accident or filing a claim. From engine power and safety features to repair costs and everything in between, there are a number of variables that differ between models. This is why providers rely so heavily on the vehicle you drive, as its design may directly impact performance, and in turn, the chances of them having to pay out claims. The trim and packages on your vehicle can also affect performance, meaning that depending on the options you choose, you might be able to save on auto insurance. Based off the standard 2018 Audi Q7 2.0 TFSI Komfort, here’s how trim and packages might affect your rates.
Trim and engine
- Progressiv. The Progressiv package offers upgraded driver assistance systems and a number of other features. Choosing this option could help you save on auto insurance due to the improved visibility.
- Technik. The Technik package includes even better driver assistance and security features, which might lead to lower insurance premiums.
- 3.0 TFSI. The 3.0 TFSI engine is available on all three trim packages. The increase in power and price tag could make for higher insurance premiums.
Packages and options
- Driver assistance packages. Adding this package could reduce your chances of being in a collision, which in turn could help to reduce your premiums.
- Design packages. The luxury package, design package and upgraded sound system won’t affect performance much, but the increase in price could lead to higher insurance rates.
- Dynamic Ride Package. This package may help improve handling and traction and could help you save on auto insurance.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks can greatly reduce the chances of your wheels being stolen. Many providers will offer a discount if you have them installed.
- Towing package. This option gives you the ability to tow trailers and other cargo. While it’s a great feature to have, it may put additional strain on your vehicle, which could raise the cost of insurance.
- Night vision assistant. This package includes a thermal imaging camera that increases visibility at night and may lead to cheaper auto insurance.
- Front and rear side airbags. Adding this feature reduces the chances of occupants being harmed in a collision, which could help you get auto insurance discounts.
Audi Q7 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi Q7 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi Q7 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Audi Q7:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi Q7?
According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, the Q7 is average or slightly below average in terms of reliability. The 2018 model holds a 2.5/5 star rating, meaning there’s definitely room for improvement. Many owners seem to be satisfied with their purchase, but do mention that it may not be as reliable as other vehicles in its class.
The Q7 was Audi’s first SUV, which was initially released in 2007. There are two generations; one from 2007-2015, and the second from 2016 onwards. There have been multiple recalls since it was released.
- 2017: The 2017 Audi Q7 has been involved in a number of recalls involving fuel leaks, air bags not deploying properly, power steering assist failures, side marker lights not illuminating and front air bags deploying with excessive force.
- 2014-2016: Many 2014, 2015 and 2016 models were also affected by the recall due to fuel leaks from the pump area.
- 2013: Some 2013 models were also affected by the fuel leak recall. Additional, some models faced issues with power brake assist failures.
- 2010-2012: A number of 2010, 2011 and 2012 models were recalled for fuel leaks that could cause fuel odors and fire hazards.
Overall, the Audi Q7 doesn’t have very many common problems aside from the recalls. Some owners of 2015 and 2017 models have had issues with maintenance, but there are no major recurring issues that stand out. However, 2007 is considered the worst model year for having the most problems, high repair costs, and issues at lower mileage.
How safe is the Audi Q7?
According to the IIHS, the 2018 Audi Q7 has great safety ratings across the board. Its crash test ratings are great, and while the headlights could use improvement, they still perform well. The NHTSA gives the 2018 Q7 a perfect 5/5 overall safety rating, with 4/5 scores in frontal crash and rollover.
Audi Q7 maintenance
The Q7 is a great family vehicle that’s perfect for road trips, hauling cargo, or virtually any other frequent use. It’s mileage isn’t great, meaning there might be better options if you plan on using it as a daily driver. Regardless of how you choose to use your Q7, it’s important to stay on top of maintenance to ensure it operates efficiently and without issues. Here’s what you can expect for oil changes, mileage and more.
- Audi recommends an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. An oil change can cost anywhere from $100 to $200, but the price you’ll pay depends on where you bring it for service, among other factors.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance schedule, your Q7 should be brought in for minor maintenance at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be done after the first 20,000 miles and every 20,000 after the initial service appointment.
- The 2018 Audi Q7 gets an average of 21 miles per gallon, with 19 in the city and 25 on the highway.
- The 2017 Audi Q7 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and four years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi Q7?
All new Audi vehicles come with a standard four-year, 50-000 mile warranty. However, owners have the option to add an extended warranty, called the Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty. This covers your Q7 for another two years or up to 50,000 more miles after your initial warranty expires. The standard warranty provides great coverage, but adding the extended option can provide peace of mind and can even increase the resale value of your Q7.
About the Audi Q7
The Audi Q7 has been in production since 2005. The newly redesigned 2017 model is known for its large passenger and storage space and high performance. The 2017 model was awarded the Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Audi Q7 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on your driving history and location. If you’re considering an Audi Q7, grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before you commit. Do your research to see if you qualify for insurance discounts.
Compare Audi competitors
Before deciding on a vehicle, you may want to find out what else Audi has to offer or explore other manufacturers altogether.
The Audi Q7 is great for families or anyone who wants a balance between space and luxury. It comes standard with a handful of great driver assistance and safety features to make for a comfortable and safe drive. Its crashworthiness and great safety ratings in all categories may help you save on auto insurance. Find out how much you’ll pay for auto insurance by comparing your options to find a policy that suits your vehicle, budget and situation.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi Q7
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.
Ask an Expert