We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Audi Q5 insurance rates
Average Audi Q5 insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare car insurance for your Audi Q5
Audi car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
|A4 ALL ROAD||$132||$44,000|
How to compare insurance for the Audi Q5
Shopping for auto insurance can be frustrating; it’s no fun to buy something you hope to never use. With that being said, it’s mandatory in most states and can save you time and money in the event of an accident, so the peace of mind alone is well worth the price tag. Every driver and vehicle are different, making it essential that you find coverage that fits your situation. In order to find the right policy, there are a few major elements you should consider when shopping around. Here’s what to look for when shopping for coverage for the Audi Q5.
- Price. The best way to compare auto insurance is by creating a sample policy and using it to get quotes from different providers. Doing so can help you compare your options by price to determine which best suits your budget.
- Deductible. Some providers may give you the option to choose your deductible. Be sure to choose an amount that you can afford if you need to file a claim, but keep in mind that lower deductibles might make for higher monthly premiums.
- Minimum coverage. Find out about your states minimum coverage requirements before shopping around. If you’re creating a sample policy to get quotes, make sure that your state’s minimum requirements are met.
- Additional coverage. You may be able to get additional coverage on your auto insurance policy. If this is important to you, be sure to find a provider that has the options you need.
- Extras. If you want policy extras like roadside assistance or no-deductible glass repairs, it’s a good idea to include them in your sample policy before you start getting quotes.
- Restrictions. Before signing up for a policy, be aware of any restrictions to avoid denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Some manufacturers have partnerships with insurance providers that may lead to special offers or loyalty discounts. Speak with your dealer to find out if you’re eligible.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi Q5?
Providers calculate your premiums based on a number of factors associated with your risk of getting into an accident, filing a claim and the cost of paying out claims. This is why your location, driving history and many other variables directly affect the rate you’ll pay for auto insurance. However, while these personal factors all make an impact, your vehicle itself plays a large role in the price of auto insurance. Here’s how the Audi Q5 compares to other vehicles and how its characteristics may affect your premiums.
- Body type. The Q5 is a crossover SUV, a body type that holds up well in the event of an accident. This may lead to lower insurance premiums compared to sedans or sports cars.
- Type of car. Audi has a reputation for making luxury vehicles and the Q5 is no exception. Its classification as a luxury vehicle could make for higher rates.
- Theft. SUVs and crossovers are stolen far less than sedans, which may be part of the reason why premiums are generally lower.
- Repairs. Although Audi vehicles are produced aborad, repairing the Q5 shouldn’t be much more expensive than other SUVs in its class. Parts and repair shops are easy to get a hold of, which may lead to more affordable auto insurance.
- Safety ratings. Like many other Audi vehicles, the Q5 has great safety ratings, which could help reduce to cost of your premiums.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
As you know, the vehicle you drive greatly affects the price you pay for auto insurance. Providers calculate your premiums based on a number of vehicle-specific factors including power, intended use, safety features and more. However, most new vehicles are configured to suit the driver’s needs, meaning that some options could alter its performance. Depending on the trims and packages on your Audi Q5, your provider may need to adjust your rates to accurately reflect its features. Based on the standard “Komfort” package, here’s how various trims, packages and options might affect your insurance premiums.
- Progressiv. The Progressiv package adds a basic sensor system, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors and more. The increased visibility could prevent accidents and therefore reduce your insurance rates.
- Technik. This package adds all features in the Progressiv package, along with better lights, Audi Connect and a number of other features. The improvement in visibility and security could lead to reduced premiums.
Packages and options
- Driver Assistance Package. The addition of adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition and other driver assistance features could make for cheaper auto insurance.
- Upgraded suspension. Choosing either of the suspension packages may improve handling and therefore could help you save on auto insurance.
- Trailer hitch. Towing things may put more strain on your vehicle or increase the chances of it being damaged, which may lead to higher premiums.
- Front and rear side airbags. Adding this safety feature could reduce harm and damage in the event of a collision, which could also help to reduce your rates.
- Wheel locks. Wheel locks greatly reduce the chances of your wheels getting stolen. Providers recognize this and may offer you a discount for having them installed.
Audi Q5 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi Q5 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear backup sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi Q5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Audi Q5:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi Q5?
The Audi Q5 has been in production since 2008. The 2018 Audi Q5 is ranked as the best luxury compact SUV by the U.S. News & World Report. The newest model is redesigned with a new base engine, driver assistance features and a new entertainment system. The 2017 model was awarded the Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, the 2018 Audi Q5 holds a 3/5 star reliability rating which is about average for other vehicles in its class. However, it’s considered the #1 luxury compact SUV and won the award for 2018 Best Luxury Compact SUV for Families.
The first generation Audi Q5 was initially released in 2009 and was produced until 2016. It received a facelift in 2012 and a major overhaul in 2016, which marked the beginning of the second generation. There have been a number of recalls on the Q5 that have affected both the first and second generations.
- 2017: Audi recalled almost 350,000 various vehicles with the 2.0 TFSI engine due to an issue with the coolant pump that could become clogged or blocked, causing it to overheat or short. Other recalls for this model year involve fuel leaks from the pump area, vehicles rolling when placed in park and the side head airbag propelling metal fragments.
- 2016: Some 2016 Q5 models were also affected by the coolant pump, airbag and fuel leak recalls. Additionally, some models had issues with the auxiliary heater wiring overheating and melting.
- 2015: A number of 2015 models were also affected by the above recalls along with another issue that caused frontal airbag inflators to rupture, potentially spraying metal fragments.
- 2013-2014: Some 2013 and 2014 models were also affected by the recalls on coolant pumps, fuel leaks, wiring and airbags.
- 2012: A number of 2012 models were affected by all above recalls along with another issue that caused the front sunroof glass to break unexpectedly in extremely cold temperatures.
- 2009-2011: Some 2009, 2010 and 2011 Audi Q5s were recalled for the issues with fuel leakage, coolant pumps and airbags.
The first generation of the Audi Q5 has significantly more problems than the second. In particular, 2016, 2017 and 2018 models have almost no common problems, whereas 2011, 2012 and 2013 model years are especially problematic. Engine issues, excessive oil consumption and locked up steering are just a few of the many reported issues with these models, with some problems arising at low mileage. While the 2012 model has the most complaints, 2014 is considered the worst model year due to the cost of repairs and problems at low mileage.
How safe is the Audi Q5?
The 2017 Audi Q5 was the IIHS 2017 Top Safety Pick for midsize luxury SUVs. According to the IIHS, the vehicle holds near perfect ratings in almost all categories and notes that it has an advanced front crash prevention system. Additionally, U.S. News and J.D. power give it a impressive 9.7/10 rating for safety and the NHTSA gives it an overall 5/5 star rating.
Audi Q5 maintenance
The Q5, like many other Audi vehicles, was designed with comfort and convenience in mind. The 2018 model was rated the best luxury compact SUV for families, due in part to its reliability and low-maintenance design. With that being said, every vehicle requires routine maintenance to ensure it remains efficient and reliable. Here’s what to expect in terms of oil changes, mileage and required maintenance on the Audi Q5.
- Audi recommends an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. An oil change could cost you anywhere from $100 to $200 depending on how long its been since your oil and filter have been changed, along with where you bring it for service.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance schedule, your Q5 should be brought in for minor maintenance at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be done after the first 20,000 miles and every 20,000 after the initial service appointment.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 2.0 gets an average of 25 miles per gallon, with 23 in the city and 27 on the highway.
- Audi encourages owners to bring their Q5 to a dealer for service, but won’t void your warranty if you bring it elsewhere. However, if your vehicle is part of a recall, you should bring it to an official Audi dealer for repairs.
- The 2017 Audi Q5 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and four years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi Q5?
The Audi Q5 comes with a standard four-year, 50-000 mile warranty, with an option to extend your coverage through the Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty. If purchased, this extended warranty will cover your vehicle for two more years or up to 50,000 additional miles, to a maximum of 100,000. While the standard manufacturer warranty is quite comprehensive, adding the extended warranty can boost the resale value of your vehicle and provide peace of mind that your vehicle is protected.
Compare Audi competitors
Still unsure about which model to choose? Explore other Audi vehicles or find similar vehicles from other manufacturers.
The Audi Q5 is an incredible family vehicle that comes standard with a variety of safety and driver assistance features. Its design, safety ratings and available options make it one of the best vehicles in its class. Insurance is only slightly higher than the nationl average, but with the right build options and provider, you may be eligible for auto insurance discounts. However, the best way to save on auto insurance for the Q5 is to compare your options to find a policy that suits your situation.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi Q5
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.
Ask an Expert