BrightenLoans connection service review
A lack of transparency and customer reviews means you may want to look elsewhere for a loan.
Bottom line: While BrightenLoans appears to be a standard connection service, its lack of transparent contact information, customer reviews and information about its network of lenders means you might want to tread carefully when submitting personal details.
Typically one to two business days
|Loan Term||Varies by lender|
|Turnaround Time||Typically one to two business days|
|Requirements||Bank account, $1,000 monthly income after taxes, at least 90 days employed or other regular source of income, valid phone number and email, at least 18 years old, US citizen or permanent resident|
Kellye Guinan is a writer and editor with Finder and has years of experience in academic writing and research. Between her passion for books and her love of language, she works on creating stories and volunteering her time on worthy causes. She lives in the woods and likes to find new bug friends in between reading just a little too much nonfiction.
Overall, it may make more sense to compare other short-term loan options to find a more transparent service.
What to watch out for
- May sell your personal information
- Strict arbitration clause in terms of service
- Limited information available online
- No contact phone number
- No Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Trustpilot reviews
Compare more short-term loan providers
BrightenLoans rates, fees and terms
There is no cost to use BrightenLoans' connection service. However, you may be connected with a lender that charges interest rates well above 300%, depending on your state laws. Check your loan agreement for a full breakdown of the costs of your loan, including its APR and other terms.
What is BrightenLoans and is it legit?
And while it's common for connection services not to have many customer reviews, it means you won't have any idea about the type of experience you might have with BrightenLoans. You may want to consider working with a lender directly before turning to this connection service.
BrightenLoans reviews and complaints
|Customer reviews verified as of||13 November 2020|
It's not unusual for a connection service to lack customer reviews. But it makes identifying the best marketplace difficult. If you choose to use BrightenLoans, research the lender you're connected with to ensure its customers rate it well.
Am I eligible?
The lenders in BrightenLoans' network require you to meet a few requirements to qualify for a loan:
- Bank account in your name
- Employed for at least 90 days or regular source of nonemployment income
- Monthly income of $1,000 or more after taxes
- Valid email address and phone number
- At least 18 years old
- US citizen or permanent resident
BrightenLoans doesn't work with lenders in every state. Confirm short-term loans are legal where you live before submitting your information through its online form.
What information do I need to apply?
BrightenLoans requires you to submit some personal information through its online form, including:
- Driver's license number
- Estimated monthly income
- Bank account number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
How do I get connected?
To get connected with a lender in BrightenLoans' network, follow these steps:
- Visit BrightenLoans' website and select your desired loan amount.
- Select your credit score, then enter your email address, full name and cell phone number.
- Enter your ZIP code and address, then enter some basic questions about yourself.
- Enter your date of birth, driver's license number, estimated monthly income and information about your employment.
- Select your next pay date, then enter your bank's routing number and your bank account number.
- Enter your Social Security number then click Request cash.
It should only take a few minutes for your information to be processed. If you're connected with a lender, BrightenLoans will redirect you to its website so you can finalize your application.
What are my repayment options?
Your repayment options depend on the lender you're connected with. In most cases, repayments will be automatically taken from your attached bank account. However, some lenders may allow you to mail a check or offer other repayment options.
BrightenLoans may be useful if you haven't been successful in finding a lender. But you should consider more short-term loan providers before you submit information through BrightenLoans' online form.