If you're a Chime customer, taking advantage of Chime SpotMe avoids costly overdraft fees. SpotMe provides up to $200 in free overdraft to users who directly deposit a minimum of $200 into their Chime account in a 34-day period. But to unlock the full amount of the overdraft feature, you must build up a history of deposits.
Chime also lets users get paid up to two days early in their Chime bank account. To qualify, sign up for direct deposit with Chime. Chime generally gets high marks from customers for its credit-boosting features, bill-paying service and SpotMe, but some report issues with the app.
- Available in all states
- No fees or obligation to tip
- Low monthly direct deposit requirement
- Easy to enroll for overdraft feature
- SpotMe limits start at $20
- SpotMe doesn't cover ACH transfers
- Must be used with Chime checking account
|Up to $200
|$20 - $200