American Credit Card Solutions debt relief review
Overall positive customer ratings — but it's only available in 25 states.
- Best for negotiating down debt from credit cards, personal loans and medical bills.
- Pick something else if you need help with tax debt.
American Credit Card Solutions details
- Services offered. Debt settlement
- Free consultation. Free initial evaluation within a few hours of filling out its online form
- Costs. No upfront costs — settlement fees range from 15% to 25%, depending on your state of residence and amount of debt
- Types of debt accepted. Unsecured debt, including unpaid credit cards, personal loans and medical bills
- Minimum debt considered. $10,000
- Typical turnaround. Two to four years on average
- Ratings, accreditation and memberships.
- Ratings. A+ rating and 4.9 out of 5 stars on the Better Business Bureau, 4.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot
- Accreditations. Better Business Bureau
- Memberships. None stated
- Direct or third-party negotiations. Direct negotiations
- Service limitations. Licensed in 25 states
- Free resources or tools. Debt relief calculator, free monthly budget planner
- Customer service options. Phone, email
- Other details. 30-day trial period with full refund of settlement fees, minus any fees from settlements that have already closed
How much does it cost?
There’s no upfront cost to use American Credit Card Solutions. You will only pay a fee after a settlement has been reached with your creditors. Settlement fees vary by state and your total debt load, but are usually between 15% and 25% of your account balance.
How much could I save with American Credit Card Solutions?
It varies by how willing your creditors are to negotiate, how much debt you have and how fast you’re able to build up your savings. In some cases, you may be able to save thousands of dollars off your total debt load. American Credit Card Solutions highlights a few of its clients on its website, with many saving anywhere from $2,000 to over $15,000.
What are the pros and cons of American Credit Card Solutions?
- 30-day trial period
- No upfront costs
- Debt relief calculator and budget planner available
- Doesn’t work with tax debt
- May run a credit check
- Only available in 25 states
Compare other debt settlement providers
Before you sign up with a debt relief company
Debt relief companies typically charge a percentage of a customer’s debt or a monthly program fee for their services. And they aren’t always transparent about these costs or drawbacks that can negatively affect your credit score. You might pay other fees for third-party settlement services or setting up new accounts, which can leave you in a worse situation than when you signed up.
Consider alternatives before signing up with a debt relief company:
- Payment extensions. Companies you owe may be willing to extend your payment due date or put you on a longer payment plan if you ask.
- Nonprofit credit counseling. Look for free debt-management help from nonprofit organizations like the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.
- Debt settlement. If you can manage to pay a portion of the bill, offer the collection agency a one-time payment as a settlement. Collection agencies are often willing to accept a lower payment on your debt to close the account.
What states is American Credit Card Solutions available in?
American Credit Card Solutions is available in 25 states:
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
What do customers say about American Credit Card Solutions?
American Credit Card Solutions receives positive ratings on both the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website and Trustpilot as of May 2020. In fact, there are only six complaints listed on its BBB page — and only four negative reviews on Trustpilot. These customers had issues with the time it takes for the settlement process and were upset that some costs weren’t disclosed at the beginning. The positive reviews were much less specific, but in general, customers said they had a positive experience and that their settlements were relatively painless.
Is it safe to use American Credit Card Solutions?
How do I get started?
You can get started by filling out a simple online form on the American Credit Card Solutions website. Follow these steps:
- Click the Go to Site button on this page to be redirected to the American Credit Card Solutions online form.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, contact information and address.
- Select the amount of debt you have.
- Read American Credit Card Solutions’ disclosures.
- Click Click for a Free Evaluation to submit your information.
An American Credit Card Solutions representative will call you to discuss your options. You can also reach out directly by emailing email@example.com or calling American Credit Card Solutions at 877-820-2954. Representatives are available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
I’ve signed up. What happens next?
After you sign up, American Credit Card Solutions will open a savings account in your name. You will begin depositing monthly payments into your savings account and stop paying your creditors — letting your debt become delinquent. American Credit Card Solutions will begin negotiating with your creditors once you’ve built up your savings, and that money will then be used to pay off your debt. Negotiation typically begins a few months after you’ve begun the American Credit Card Solutions debt settlement program.
If you aren’t able to make monthly payments, American Credit Card Solutions will modify your payment schedule to help balance your debt with any financial hardship you face. And if you decide you don’t want to work with American Credit Card Solutions anymore, you’ll receive all of the funds in your savings account — minus any fees from successful settlements.
Before you sign on with American Credit Card Solutions, compare your other debt relief options to ensure you’re getting the best settlement possible.
Frequently asked questions
Kellye Guinan is a writer and editor with Finder and has years of experience in academic writing and research. Between her passion for books and her love of language, she works on creating stories and volunteering her time on worthy causes. She lives in the woods and likes to find new bug friends in between reading just a little too much nonfiction.
American Credit Card Solutions is ideal for individuals looking to negotiate settlements for their outstanding unsecured debts — such as credit cards, medical bills and personal loans. It’s been in business for over 10 years and receives high ratings from former customers. It also has a 30-day trial period so you can get a feel for the company without having to commit.
But it doesn’t offer tax relief. And exact fees aren’t outlined on its website, meaning you’ll need to contact a representative to see exactly how much it might cost you. And like all debt settlement options, you should be prepared for a major dip in your credit score when you stop paying your bills.
Not sure American Credit Card Solutions is right for you? Compare other debt settlement companies below.