Inheritance Advanced probate advance review
Get up to 50% of your inheritance advanced — with no credit or income requirements.
- Best for borrowers looking to potentially get a same-day advance.
- Pick something else if you have an inheritance of less than $17,000.
What makes Inheritance Advanced unique?
Inheritance Advanced sets itself apart from other inheritance advance companies thanks to its same-day advance program. However, it doesn't disclose all of its eligibility requirements on its website, so you'll need to meet with an ALI representative to discuss your specific situation to see if you qualify.
Advance Loan Inheritance is also unique in that it offers executor advances to give executors early access to funds from the estate to help cover estate bills and taxes, make improvements to the property and pay for insurance and legal expenses.
Where is Inheritance Advanced available?
Advance Loan Inheritance works with residents of all 50 states.
What is Inheritance Advanced?
Inheritance Advanced offers advances of up to 50% of your inheritance in amounts ranging from $1,000 to $1 million. You need to be inheriting at least $17,000 to qualify.
To see if you're eligible and how much you'll pay, you need to sign up for a free consultation to go over the details of your estate. Once the consultation is complete, ALI will outline its pricing and fees, which will be taken out of your inheritance if you move forward with the process. The specific fees will depend on your case — including the estate assets, intricacies of the estate and length of time it takes for the estate to close.
If approved, ALI will wire your advance directly to you in three to five business days — unless you qualify for its same-day advance program. When your probate is closed, your advance and fees are paid directly out of your inheritance — then ALI disburses your remaining inheritance to you.
What are the benefits of Inheritance Advanced?
Below are a few perks of taking out an advance through Advance Loan Inheritance.
- Fee-free consultation. You can meet with an Inheritance Advanced representative to see if you qualify and how much it will cost you without paying a consultation fee. And you're not obligated to move forward with ALI if you decide it's not for you.
- May be able to get funds the same day. Even if you don't qualify for its same-day advance, many applicants can see funds in just three business days.
- No credit or income requirements. Since this isn't a loan, but an advance on your future inheritance, ALI won't take your credit or income into consideration.
- Also offers executor advances. If you're also the executor of the estate and need help covering estate taxes, insurance expenses or legal fees as you go through probate, ALI may be able to help.
What to watch out for
Consider the following drawbacks before taking out an advance through Inheritance Advanced.
- Must have a large inheritance. You need to be inheriting at least $17,000 to qualify — other similar companies work with individuals inheriting as little as $10,000.
- Not up front about pricing. Although the Inheritance Advanced website claims no hidden fees, you must go through the consultation process to learn its pricing setup and fee structure.
See how Inheritance Advanced stacks up to the competition
What do former customers say about Inheritance Advanced?
Inheritance Advanced has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since March 2020 and earns an A rating based on factors like transparency and business practices.
While it has one complaint filed with the BBB, it doesn't have any reviews as of April 2020 — not surprising for a business that's only been around for a year. It doesn't have a page on Trustpilot at this time.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for an inheritance advance with ALI, you must be inheriting at least $17,000 from a pending probate case that is opened or in the process of being opened.
How do I apply?
To apply for an inheritance advance through ALI, you first need to sign up for a free consultation with a representative. Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to the Inheritance Advanced website and click Apply now.
- Fill out the online form with your name, contact details and probate information. Click Submit.
- Wait for an ALI representative to contact you by phone or email for your free consultation.
- If you're eligible and wish to continue with ALI, you can complete the application and upload documents online in most states.
If you qualify for a same-day advance, you could see money in your bank account the same day your application is processed. Otherwise, expect to receive your funds in three to five business days.
I got the inheritance advance from ALI. Now what?
You're free to use your advance however you'd like — there are no restrictions on how you can spend the funds. There are no repayments to worry about since your advance is paid directly through the estate. Once probate is complete, ALI will distribute your inheritance to you — minus the amount it advanced you and any fees.
Frequently asked questions
Kathryn Pomroy was a writer for Finder, specializing in loans. She has written for dozens of major publications, small businesses and many well-known personal finance companies, including LendingTree, Money Crashers, Quickbooks/Intuit, BankRate, LendEDU and more. Kathryn holds a BA in Journalism and drinks super bold coffee while eating peanut butter and honey toast.
With the typical probate process taking months or even years, Advance Loan Inheritance can help you get funding now to hold you over. It might even be able to get you money the same day you apply. But you need to be inheriting at least $17,000 to qualify.
Not sure Advance Loan Inheritance is right for you? Check out these other inheritance advance companies to see if any are a better fit.