Pay no annual fees, get bonus points and save more with 0% APR for 15 months.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you want a rewards card with no annual fees and an intro 0% APR.
- Pick something else if… you don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees or need a card with stronger rewards.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850 recommended.
|Product Name||Wells Fargo Rewards® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 15 months (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||18.40% to 27.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||18.40% to 27.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.24% to 27.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each advance, whichever is greater|
|Review Site||Star rating||Review count|
|Wallet Hub||3.7/5||429 reviews|
The Wells Fargo Rewards Card is a gas-and-groceries rewards card that comes with no annual fee and flexible redemption for cash or airline miles. As a new cardholder, you can earn bonus points when you spend $1,000 in the first three months. For the first six months, you’ll earn a generous 5x points on gas, groceries and drugstore purchases.
A 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months will save you even more. And because it’s a Visa, you’ll get network benefits that range from roadside dispatch to travel accident insurance, adding to the card’s appeal.
- Bonus points. Redeem bonus points when you spend $1,000 in the first three months.
- Points rewards. Earn 5x points on purchases made at gas stations, grocery stores and drugstores for the first six months and 1x points on all other purchases. Earn points more quickly when you shop at the Wells Fargo Earn More Mall.
- Reward options. Use your points toward air travel without worrying about advance booking or minimum stays. Other options include merchandise, gift cards, car rentals, hotels, cruises and more. For cash rewards, get a check or a transfer directly into a qualifying Wells Fargo account.
- 0% intro APR. Pay no interest on purchases and balance transfers for the first year.
- Cell phone protection. Use your card to pay your cell bill, and get up to $600 in cell phone protection if your phone is broken or stolen.
You’ll also like …
- No annual fees. Pay no fees to enjoy your rewards card as long as you’d like.
- Protection and security. Take advantage of a zero-liability program, emergency card replacement, travel and emergency assistance services, an auto rental collision damage waiver, roadside dispatch and travel accident insurance that comes with Visa.
What to watch out for
- End of intro APR. Save yourself any financial hassle by paying off your balances before the intro APR expires. After the intro, your APR will jump to a variable 18.40% to 27.24% variable.
- Foreign transaction fee. Each time you use this card outside the States, you’ll pay of your transaction in US dollars.
- Expiration of points. Your points will remain valid for five years from the time you earned them.
- Other fees and penalties. When the intro APR expires, your balance transfer fee can increase from 3% of your transfer to up to 5% after the first year. Late and returned payments come with penalties of up to $37. You’ll also pay fees for cash advances and overdraft protection advances.
Consider other cards if…
- You want better rewards. The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Credit Card offer 2x points on all purchases. And the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card lets you earn up to 3x points on select categories.
- You want better travel perks. Some airline reward cards offer lounge access, discounted or complimentary companion tickets, priority boarding and free checked bags, among other benefits.
What to know before you apply
Apply for the Wells Fargo Rewards Card if you’re:
- At least 18 years old.
- A resident of the US.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
To apply for this card, you’ll need to provide your:
- Full name, personal contact information and Social Security number.
- Housing status and monthly rent or mortgage payments.
- Employment status and gross annual income from all sources.
What credit score do I need?
People with credit scores of 680 or higher have a better chance of approval for this card.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Wells Fargo Rewards Card website, click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application by entering your personal, employment and financial information.
3. Review your information for accuracy, and click Submit.
How long will it take to be approved?
Wells Fargo processes its applications online, which means that you can typically learn your application’s conditional approval soon after submitting it.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Register your account online with Wells Fargo to monitor your spending and make payments.
- Avoid interest. Make use of the 25-day grace period after each billing cycle to avoid paying interest on purchases.
- Avoid unnecessary fees. Late and bounced payments come with stiff fees, among other potential penalties.
- Customer service. Call 800-869-3557 for support or connect with the bank on Facebook @wellsfargo or Twitter @WellsFargo.
This is a no-frills rewards card that’s on par with many others out there. It offers a 0% intro APR on purchases and transfers that just might be what you need to make your decision.
But if you’re a big spender or travel internationally often, you might want to consider other cards offering rewards that could benefit your specific lifestyle or habits.