Vauxhall Adam insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for a Vauxhall Adam based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location
The Vauxhall Adam is a small city car, produced by the British manufacturer since 2012. It’s well-known for providing lush interiors and low running costs, as well as being cheap to insure. In this guide, you’ll discover the key facts about insuring a Vauxhall Adam.
Vauxhall Adam insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all cars are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Vauxhall Adam models range from insurance groups 3 to 15, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be quite reasonable.
However, the difference in cost between each insurance group may vary quite a bit and this is down to factors such as the vehicle’s engine size and performance, its safety and security features and its market value. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £653 for cover on a Vauxhall Adam 1.2i Slam 3d (insurance group 5) or around 3d”] for a Vauxhall Adam 1.0T ecoFLEX Unlimited [Start Stop] 3d which falls in insurance group 10.
You can find the insurance group and likely premium cost of your Vauxhall Adam model in the table below.
Average Vauxhall Adam insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Vauxhall Adam, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Vauxhall Adam with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £61.23, or an annual sum of £698.88.
Vauxhall Adam insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Vauxhall Adam insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a few other factors that can impact the cost of your insurance, one of the biggest being your physical address.
To show how much your location can impact your insurance, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Vauxhall Adam 1.4i Unlimited 3d.
- Expensive: £805 (London SE1)
- Average: £672 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £477 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Vauxhall Adam insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £582 for the Vauxhall Adam 1.2i Energised 3d, but could pay around £781 for the Vauxhall Adam 1.4T Grand Slam 3d.
- Driver location. Your physical address plays a big role in determining the cost of your insurance premiums. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £805 for insurance for a Vauxhall Adam 1.4i Slam 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £672. The difference in price of £133 for the London post code shows the true power of the post code.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,400 for insurance on the Vauxhall Adam Glam 1.4i (87PS) Easytronic auto 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £733. The extra £667 in premium costs for the younger driver shows how significant age is in calculating car insurance costs.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your car usage
- No claims discount
Vauxhall Adam facts and trivia
- In other parts of the world, this car is known as Opel Adam.
- In 2019, Vauxhall announced that the Opel Adam would cease production, and there would be no direct replacement, as the company prefers to focus more heavily on SUVs.
As with most cars of its size, The Vauxhall Adam is reasonably cheap to insure. That’s in spite of the fancy interiors and vast range of models. The advice in this guide will help you to reduce your premiums even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Vauxhall Vivaro insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Vivaro falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Vauxhall Agila insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Agila falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Tigra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Tigra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Meriva insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Vauxhall Meriva based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Vauxhall Mokka X insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Vauxhall Mokka X and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Vauxhall Vectra insurance group & costs
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Vauxhall Vectra and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Vauxhall Astra insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Vauxhall Astra and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Vauxhall Corsa insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Vauxhall Corsa and how to save on your car insurance premiums.