30% off pre-flight COVID-19 at-home PCR/TMA test
7 tour companies like Contiki for epic adventures
Go somewhere you have never been and explore the world with travel deals from tour companies like Contiki.
Unlike traditional tour groups, small group adventures offer more freedom, flexibility and a more intimate experience with your tour guide and your surroundings.
Tour companies like Contiki handpick accommodation and provide award winning tour guides, added inclusions and the choice to customise your itinerary in groups of no more than 10 people.
We have included a list of six more tour operators that do the same and more, because we all need choice when it comes to planning epic adventures.
1. G Adventures
G Adventures offers small group tours that are sustainable and curated down to the choice of accommodation to ensure that you have a travel experience like no other.
- Choose Yolo tours for like-minded travellers aged 18-39
- Sustainable travel using only local transportation
- 24/7 multilingual customer support
Dedicated to 18-30-somethings travel, Top Deck has been taking like-minded travellers on tours around the globe since 1973.
- Tours available in Europe, North America, Australia/New Zealand
- Save money using early payment, past passenger, group travel, multi-trip and more discounts
- Range of different tour types from coach tours and overland vehicles to sailing journeys and 4WD adventures
Travel in small groups and explore places with local experts in your travel style of choice. Intrepid offers sustainable travel for everyone across various budgets and preferences.
- Choose from three different travel styles to suit you best: Basix, Original or Comfort
- Small tour groups with no more than 10 people to a guide.
- All Intrepid guides are friendly and have local knowledge
Geckos makes it possible to see the world on a budget with programs catered towards the 18–30 year olds. If you love a good adventure without the price tag, Geckos is for you.
- Travel with a local tour guide who knows the place like the back of their hands
- Get your 10th trip valued up to $1,800 for free with the loyalty program
- Responsible travel with a focus to buy, eat and travel local
5. On The Go
You’ll be in good hands with On The Go’s tours – they’ve recently been nominated for British Travel Awards, including the Best Escorted Tours Holiday Company.
- Tours include 3-5 star accommodations, airport transfers and all local transportation
- Open to all ages, rather than having strict age limits
- All tour departures are guaranteed so you don’t have to wait for others to join your tour to know if you’ll be able to go
6. Travel Talk
Aiming to provide the adventure of a lifetime without the high cost, Travel Talk offers a range of fun-spirited tours Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
- Uses local tour guides to get a more authentic experience
- Most travellers are 18-39, but all ages are welcome
- Often has 2-for-1 or 50% off specials
7. Tucan Travel
Starting as a South American adventure tours company in 1987, Tucan Travel has since expanded and has been offering exciting adventures around the world for the last 30 years.
- Offers itineraries in 72 countries around the world and on every continent – including Antarctica Strong emphasis on responsible travel, giving back to local communities and supports animal welfare.
- Award-winning tours have received accolades from the British Travel Awards, My Adventure Travel Expo, World Travel Awards and Wanderlust travel awards to name a few.
Tour companies like Contiki compared: Which one is the best?
|Best company for||Which company and why?|
|Destinations:||G Adventures and Intrepid offer the widest range of destinations, both hitting all continents including Antarctica..|
|Number of itineraries||Intrepid has the widest range of itineraries, with a whopping 932 options available.|
|Length of tours available:||Intrepid offers both the longest and shortest tours, ranging from 1-day up to 112-day adventures.|
|Price:||Intrepid offers the cheapest tours, with prices starting at just $100. It also offers the most expensive tours at $28,300 for once-in-a-lifetime expeditions.|
|Age restrictions:||G Adventures and Tucan Travel are the only companies to offer both all-ages and youth-restricted tours.|
|Tour styles available:||G Adventures, Top Deck and Intrepid offer the widest range of tour styles, catering from budget backpackers to those looking to travel in comfort.|
|Single supplements:||All companies are equal. None of them require a single supplement. However, On The Go is the only one to offer single rooms at no extra charge.|
Want to see a full list of what each company offers? Click the questions below to expand to see more details.