Instant access to an overview of all your online financial accounts.
An award winning personal finance assistant & budget planner that aims to help people make better spending choices by showing them all their finances, clearly, in one place.
What is Money Dashboard?
Money Dashboard says it aims to help people take control of their finances, ‘empowering them to make the right financial decisions in life’. Founded in 2010 and based in Edinburgh, Money Dashboard gives you a clear overview of your spending using graphs and tables. You are able to add multiple current accounts, savings accounts and credit cards to your dashboard.
Money Dashboard is available on Web, Android and iOS.
Digital banking deals
Free card worth £5 from Revolut
Click the button and enter your number to receive a free Revolut card.
Starling voted best British bank & current account
No branches, no fees, no paperwork. Get a smarter kind of bank account with the Best British Bank 2018 – all in under 3 minutes!
Get N26 the new bank you'll love to use
Manage everything directly in the N26 app. Set payment limits, change your PIN number and lock and unlock your card. All in real-time.
Download the Monese app and get your free card
Click the button to head to the app store, download the app, and your Monese card will be sent in the post.
Video: Steve Tigar, CEO of Money Dashboard, on how to get the best out of the app
How does Money Dashboard work?
- Sign up, add your accounts and start using Money Dashboard for free. Once you complete the sign up form you can begin adding any accounts or credit cards you have. These can all be viewed on one screen, giving you an overview of all your finances. There is no fee for using Money Dashboard.
- Automated tagging. Money Dashboard automatically groups, tags and displays your recent transactions, showing you when and where you’re spending your money.
- Track spending and set goals. Money Dashboard uses charts to assist with your personal financial planning. See where your money has gone in the past, then set and track goals using its budget planner.
- Forecast your spending. The Planner feature lets you see your predicted future income, expenditure and balances.
Is Money Dashboard safe?
Your information will be protected by bank-level security. Money Dashboard use an Extended Validation security certificate with 256-bit encryption to protect your data.
Money Dashboard cannot move your money, it is a read-only application, which means it cannot be used for withdrawals, payments or to transfer your funds.
Pros and cons of Money Dashboard
- All your finances in one place without having to jump between banking apps or website – great for those who use multiple building societies.
- Intelligent insights into your budget and spending.
- Bank-level security.
- Can help in setting and achieving goals.
- Supports 59 providers, including major high street banks.
- There can be a 4-5 day buffer between making a transaction and seeing it on Money Dashboard.
- Some may not be comfortable with sharing their online banking credentials.
- Money Dashboard uses your data to provide insight to companies on market research. While it does not share your personally identifiable data, some users may not me comfortable with this.
What other options are available?
There are plenty of other trendy digital banking options out there. Each offers a unique spin on the idea of an app driven Mastercard or online account.
You can check out some of the leading players in the digital banking space below: