Vodafone offers a variety of mobile plans
Vodafone UK is part of the Vodafone Group which is one of the world’s largest communications companies in the world. One of the company’s core values is to connect everybody to live a better today build a better tomorrow.
Vodafone UK is the third largest mobile network in the UK. They were founded in 1982 and operate in 26 countries worldwide. In terms of network they launched their 4G network back in 2013 and it has been growing ever since.
What services do Vodafone offer?
Vodafone is known for being one of the largest mobile networks in the UK. They currently own and operate networks in 26 countries all over the globe.
Vodafone offer a variety of different mobile plans to suit the different needs of their customers. They offer 24 month pay monthly mobile plans, SIM only plans which run on a 30 day and 12 month basis, as well as pay as you go plans.
Vodafone offers 2G, 3G and 4G network services to UK customers. You can use the network calculator on the Vodafone website to check which networks are available in your local area. Simply enter in your postcode on their website to find out which networks cover you.
Vodafone offer a Network Satisfaction Guarantee which allows potential customers to put their network to the test for 30 days. If you are not happy with the coverage then you are free to cancel your contract and request a refund within 30 days.
How much does it cost?
Vodafone’s mobile plans range in terms of contract length, price and package inclusion.
For pay as you go plans you are able to top up online, via your phone or in store. The minimum amount you are able to top up with is £5.
Please note that additional charges will apply to calls, texts and data usage outside of your plan.
|Cheapest contract and phone||500MB||300||unlimited||24 Months||£16pm|
|Most expensive contract and phone||30GB||unlimited||unlimited||24 Months||£100 upfront, £57pm|
|Cheapest 30 day SIM||250MB||250||unlimited||30 days||£11.50pm|
|Most expensive 30 day SIM||8GB||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£29pm|
|Cheapest 12 month SIM||250MB||250||unlimited||12 months||£9.50pm|
|Most expensive 12 month SIM||8GB||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£27pm|
|PAYG||*||30p per min||14p per text||30 days||n/a|
|PAYG Bundle||500MB||150||unlimited||30 days||£10pm|
|PAYG Bundle||12GB||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£30pm|
*50MB of UK data for £2 a day, and then it’s 10p for each MB you use on the same day after that a day runs from midnight to 11.59pm
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check the Vodafone website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras can I get with a Vodafone Mobile deal?
- Add ons. Vodafone lets customers add on extra minutes, calls and texts on all plans.
- Red entertainment plans. If you have a ‘red entertainment plan’ then you can choose an entertainment pack which includes either a NOW TV Entertainment Pass, Spotify Premium or Sky Sports Mobile TV.
- Data for feedback. As a thank you for your feedback, Vodafone will give customers a 250MB data bonus on top of their monthly allowance. This lasts for 7 days, and you will be using the bonus data before the rest of your monthly data allowance.
- Free Vodafone app. The Vodafone app is a useful way of managing your Vodafone plan. You can check your usage and manage your extras, keep track of your spending and use it to talk to a Vodafone representative via a live chat.
What are some of Vodafone’s pros and cons?
- Test their network. Vodafone give new customers 30 days to test their network coverage.
If you aren’t satisfied with the network after the 30 days then you can cancel your contract for free.
- High data plans Vodafone offers mobile plans with high data packages – which means your less likely run out of data every month.
- Customer support. Many customers reviewing Vodafone’s services on Trustpilot are dissatisfied with its customer service.