Avoid lengthy contracts with giffgaff’s affordable, flexible mobile plans.
giffgaff is s a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) using the O2 network. giffgaff was founded in 2009
giffgaff believe that simple is the better way to do mobile. Their mobile plans are contract free meaning you can stay or go any time you like.
What services do giffgaff offer?
giffgaff runs off the o2 network. They offer 2G, 3G and 4G network coverage across the whole of the UK, you can use a network coverage checker on the giffgaff website, to check which networks are available in your local area. Simply enter in your postcode or browse their interactive map to find out which networks cover you.
giffgaff doesn’t offer any contracts, so you’re free to go whenever you choose. They offer SIM only deals where you can choose your monthly giffgaff package or ‘goodybag’ which contain different amounts of data, minutes and texts or they also offer a pay as you go SIM plan.
Each goodybag ranges in size and you can swap them each month or set it to automatically renew at the end of each month. You can also cancel your goodybag at anytime.
If you have any further queries about which mobile plan is right for you visit the giffgaff website for further information.
How much does it cost?
To activate your pay as you go sim you will need to pay a minimum top up of £10. After this you can top up online using your credit/debit card or you can purchase a top-up voucher from any shop supporting giffgaff or o2. Charges will apply if you run over the allocated amount of data, calls and texts in your SIM plan.
|Cheapest SIM only||100MB||150||500||30 days||£5pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||unlimited*||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£20pm|
|Cheapest data SIM||500MB||–||–||30 days||£5pm|
|Most expensive data SIM||1GB||–||–||30 days||£7.50pm|
|PAYG||5p per MB||15p per min||5p per text||n/a||n/a|
*speed restrictions apply after 6B of data usage.
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check the giffgaff website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do giffgaff plans offer?
Giffgaff does not offer any add on services, however if you require more minutes or data you can buy a new goodybag or you can start your next goodybag early. You can only purchase a goodybag early when you have less than 5 minutes or 5MB’s left in your current goodybag.
What are some of giffgaff’s pros and cons?
- Network. giffgaff offers great network coverage providing 4G coverage for all of their SIM only plans.
- Unlimited data. giffgaff offers an unlimited data SIM only plan.
- Customer support. giffgaff offer help and support on their website. You can ask a giffgaff agent of the giffgaff community for help.
- No add ons. giffgaff do not offer additional data, text or minute add ons which can be a pain if you run out before your monthly allowance renews.
- Customer support. giffgaff has no customer service phone lines, the only way of seeking help is through their website.