Receive exclusive benefits with O2 mobile plans.
O2 is a major competitor in the UK’s communication market. O2 was founded in 1985 and whilst having previously been owned by the BT Group they were bought by a Spanish company, Telefónica, in 2006.
O2 is also the sponsor of The O2 building in London, previously the Millennium Dome. They are also partnered with Live Nation and the Academy Music Group, which allows O2 to offer customers priority access to all events at O2 Academy venues as well as Live Nation events across the UK.
What services do O2 offer?
O2 offers 2G, 3G and 4G network coverage across the UK. You can use O2’s network calculator to check which networks are available in your local area. Simply enter in your postcode or the name of your town on their website to discover which networks cover you.
O2 provides a variety of different mobile plans for customers. They offer pay monthly phone contracts which include data, minutes and texts and last for 24 months, pay as you go SIM’s as well as pay as you go bundles, and SIM-only plans on a monthly or 12 monthly basis.
If you have any further queries about which mobile plan is right for you, you can talk to an O2 agent on the live chat which is available on the O2 website.
How much do O2 mobile plans cost?
The O2 classic pay as you go SIM allows you to top up with a minimum of £10.
O2’s pay as you go bundles require a minimum credit amount in order to be ‘unlocked’. You’re bundle will only automatically renew if you have enough credit in your account. If you don’t then you will be charged the standard rates for calls, texts and data usage.
You can top up your pay as you go plan online, from your mobile, at any UK cash machine with the green top up logo, by using an E-Top Up card you by buying a voucher anywhere with the green top up logo.
|Cheapest contract with phone||500MB||500||500||24 Months||£9.99 upfront, 13pm|
|Most expensive contract with phone||50GB||unlimited||unlimited||24 Months||£19.99 upfront, £97pm|
|Cheapest SIM only||250MB||250||unlimited||30 days||£12.50pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||8GB||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£31pm|
|Cheapest SIM only||1GB||1000||unlimited||12 months||£16pm|
|SIM only||16GB||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£36pm|
|PAYG||5p per MB||5p per min||5p per text||30 days||n/a|
|Cheapest PAYG Bundle||500MB||250||1000||30 days||£10|
|Most expensive PAYG Bundle||20GB||3000||4000||30 days||£30pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check the O2 website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do O2 plans offer?
- Add ons. O2 offers a variety of different bolt on services. You can add on extra minutes, extra data and international phone bundles.
- Top up discount. O2 pay as you go you can get 10% extra credit on every top up. O2 will contact you every three months to inform you of much you have accumulated.
- O2 priority. As an O2 customer you will have access to O2 priority tickets which gives O2 customers the chance to buy tickets to events at the O2, O2 Academy venues and non O2 Academy venues 48 hours before general release.
- O2 Wi-Fi. O2 also offers exclusive access to its free Wi-Fi. With over 15,000 wifi hotspots across the UK customers will be automatically connected when in range of a hotspot.
What are some of O2’s pros and cons?
- Variety. O2 offers a variety of different plans to suit the different needs of its customers.
- Bolt ons. O2 allows customers to buy additional data, minutes or texts.
- Extras. O2 offers customers a variety of extra features including O2 priority.
- Cost. O2 mobile plans start from £12.50 a month which may be quite high for some customers.