BT offers excellent network coverage across the UK
BT Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) a division of BT Group, launched in March 2015.
As a leading provider in communications BT strives to deliver more efficient, streamlined and secure systems to customers world wide.
BT Mobile offers excellent network coverage for all their mobile customers. They offer a range of SIM only plans with free unlimited access to their 14 million BT wi-fi hotspots around the world.
- 4G network coverage reaching 99% of the UK population.
- Free access to BT Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide.
- Excellent customer service.
What services do BT offer?
BT runs off the EE network and so offers 2G, 3G and 4G networks across the uk. BT claims to offer network coverage to 99% of the UK population.
You can find out which networks cover you by using BT’s network calculator. Simply enter in your postcode or location on their website to discover which networks support your local area.
BT provides phone contract (pay monthly) plans which have a 24 month lock in period, and SIM only plans. You can get SIM only plans with a 12 month lock in period or a family SIM which also has a lock in period of 12 months.
If you need help making a decision about your mobile plan, you can use the live chat that is available on the BT website.
How much does it cost?
BT’s mobile plans range in terms of contract length, price and package inclusion. You can have up to 5 BT SIMs in your family SIM plan and the more SIMs you add to the plan the more money you save. If you want to cancel your mobile plan before the end of the contract a charge will apply per month. This charge depends on the type of plan you have, for more information visit the BT website.
|Cheapest contract and phone||500MB||400||unlimited||24 Months||£17pm|
|Most expensive contract and phone||15GB||ulimited||unlimited||24 Months||£90 upfront, £57pm|
|Cheapest SIM only||500MB||400||unlimited||12 months||£10pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||20GB||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£25pm|
|Family SIM (1 SIM)||6GB||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£16pm|
|Family SIM (2 SIMs)||6GB||unlimited||unlimited||12 months||£24pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, prices obtained 02 June 2017. Please check the EE website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do BT plans offer?
- Add ons. BT customers are able to purchase additional data, minutes and extra speed.
- Data Bundles Abroad. If you need to use your phone abroad, as a BT customer you can purchase USA data bundles or a Europe Data Bundle.
- Unlimited BT Wifi. BT mobile customers also gain access to free unlimited BT Wi-Fi in the UK and overseas, simply download the app and your phone will automatically connect when in range of a hotspot.
- BT Sport. If you purchase a BT mobile plan you also get BT sport for free via the mobile app.
- Spending Caps. You can control your spending by setting up monthly spending caps. BT will sent you a text when you have used up most of your allowance.
What are some of BT’s pros and cons?
- Network. BT runs off the EE network which prides itself in offering network coverage to 99% of the UK population.
- Bolt ons. BT allows customers to buy a variety of additional features.
- BT wifi. BT gives its customers unlimited free access to BT wifi.
- Can’t pay as you go. BT do not offer any pay as you go mobile plans at this time.
- Price. BT’s pay monthly plans start from £17 which may be quite high for some customers.