London deals £35 or less
Travelodge review | Everything you need to know
Find hotel luxury from less than £100 a night with the Travelodge.
Travelodge was founded in 1985 and prides itself on being the UK’s largest independent hotel brand with more than 500 hotels based across major cities, seaside locations and vital roadside stops across the United Kingdom.
Whether you need a hotel room for business or leisure, a Travelodge offers comfort for great value. We want to help make sure your hotel booking process is as hassle free as possible so you can get the most out of your trip. Take a look at our review of the Travelodge and learn everything you need to know about your stay. Don’t forget to also check out our handy list of deals and discounts for the Travelodge.
What type of rooms are available at the Travelodge?
Travelodge offers a selection of different rooms to suit the needs of their guests. These include:
- Single rooms. Suitable for one adult.
- Twin rooms Suitable for two adults and a baby.
- Double rooms Suitable for two adults and a baby.
- Family rooms Suitable for a maximum of five occupants (including babies and children)
What is in my Travelodge room?
Travelodge offer the following features as standard in all of their hotel rooms:
- A king size bed.
- A 10.5 tog duvet and 4 pillows.
- 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi.
- A shower.
- A TV with up to 17 channels.
- Bath and hand towels.
- A desk.
- Tea and coffee making facilities.
- Hand, hair and body wash.
Additional features which are also available upon request include:
- Cots (suitable for children up to 24 months).
- Hairdryers and irons.
- Additional tea and coffee, towels and pillows.
What dining experiences are available?
Travelodge offer over 150 hotels with a restaurant service. Travelodge guests are able to purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner at any Travelodge restaurant. Each Restaurant includes the Travelodge’s unlimited breakfast and kids menus.
How much will it cost me?
The price of the hotel room depends on the level of demand. The higher the demand for the room the higher the price is likely to be. So generally if you are looking to save on your booking, it is best to book a Travelodge room well in advance.
Travelodge also offer promotions and discounts which could also help you save.
Please note that the Travelodge will only accept payment from the following:
- American Express
How do I book?
You can make a booking with Travelodge by using the booking engine that appears on the Travelodge homepage. Simply enter your desired destination, dates and number of rooms/guests then click the “Search” button.
After clicking “Search”, you’ll see a list of available rooms and the nightly price appear on the left of the page and a location map on the right hand side of the page. Click on your desired hotel and choose your “Room type”. You’ll then be able to add on extras like breakfast and Wi-Fi before entering in your personal and payment details.
How do I cancel?
You can cancel your Travelodge booking by notifying the hotel via their website by selecting “Cancel a booking” or by calling the Central Reservations team. Please note that the Travelodge’s cancellation policy is specific to your type of booking. For example:
- Flexible rate bookings. You can cancel your entire booking before midday on your scheduled arrival date. You will be able to receive a refund for all the nights cancelled, excluding any booking fees.
- Saver rate bookings.Saver rate bookings are not refundable. You can still cancel your booking but no refund will be provided.
- Group bookings. You will have 28 days before your scheduled arrival to cancel a group booking and receive a refund. Please note that your 10% deposit will not be refunded nor any booking fees.
Weighing up the pros and cons
- Affordable. Pricing for many Travelodge hotel rooms start from less than £100 per night.
- Student discount. Students are able to receive a 5% discount on Travelodge hotel bookings.
- Saver rates. If you book early you could be eligible for a cheaper rate. This is a great way to book if you don’t want to spend a fortune, but please note that these are non refundable.
- Extra features. Travelodge hotels allow you to add on a variety of extras including breakfast, early check in, Wi-Fi, and pets.
- Travelodge business. By signing up to Travelodge business, guests receive 5% off all flexible rate bookings along with other additional features.
- Wi-Fi. Each guest is only entitled to 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi. Unlimited Wi-Fi access must be purchased as an additional room feature.
- Cancellations. Customers will only receive a full refund if they booked a flexible rate room.
Top Travelodge discount codes and promos for July 2021
Travel news and reviews
End your quarantine early by taking a ‘test to release’ COVID-19 test on day 5. Compare day 5 test prices and providers for travel and book now.Read more…
Compare pre-departure ‘fit to fly’ COVID-19 tests from private UK providers and get the lowest price and the right package for your holiday.Read more…
Dive into adventure with these 6 tour companies that are similar to Contiki.Read more…
Surprise yourself with savings on mystery hotel stays.Read more…
Get a discount on your next Vrbo booking with these tested and verified Vrbo discount codes and promos.Read more…
More guides on Finder
6 sites offering mystery hotels where you can save up to 60%
Surprise yourself with savings on mystery hotel stays.
AmazonBasics mattress review
Buying a bed on a budget just got a whole lot easier, though without the sleep trial you might expect.
Compare breakdown cover
Use our helpful guide to find the right breakdown cover for you.
What you need to know about getting a mortgage if you’re buying or refinancing a farm or farmland, including the factors lenders consider when you apply for one.
How much deposit do I need for a commercial mortgage?
Find out how much deposit you need if you’re taking out a commercial mortgage, including the factors lenders take into account, and how to get the best deal for you.
Metamask wallet review and guide
All you need to know about Metamask – the browser extension digital wallet and a user-friendly bridge to the world of Ethereum decentralised applications.
What you need to know before travelling to Spain from the United Kingdom during COVID-19
Here’s what you should know about travelling to Spain from the United Kingdom.
What you need to know before travelling to the USA from the UK during COVID-19
This is what you need to know about travelling to the USA from the UK.
Fix and flip
Read our in-depth guide to fix and flip and how this type of property investment works, including the factors you need to consider, the risks to be aware of and how to finance it.
Hard money loans: Short-term finance in the UK
Learn everything you need to know about hard money loans – also known as bridging loans. Find out how they work, what they can be used for and their benefits and downsides.
Ask an Expert